What is the Best AntiVirus?

Which do you think is the best AntiVirus?

• Kaspersky

Votes: 126 20.2%
  • BitDefender

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • Eset Nod32

Votes: 93 14.9%
  • McAfee

Votes: 17 2.7%
  • Nortorn

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • TrendMicro

Votes: 9 1.4%
  • AVG

Votes: 122 19.6%
  • Avast

Votes: 125 20.0%
  • CA

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • F-Secure, PCTools, Webroot, Panda or Other

Votes: 47 7.5%

• Total voters

Anirban1987

Reaction score
I use AVG. It's system footprint is minimal. Also it has a robust firewall and good Resident Shield.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
AVG, I have used it all my life (internet life).

AVG never gives me any firewall problems when I play games, where other Anits do.

homer693

Reaction score
Avast is best for me, they offer free support if something goes wrong with avast, never had a problem with avast, it finds the viruses and gets rid of them, no problems, i use avast on all of my computers

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Avira. http://free-av.com.

It has heruestic search too, so it can somehow feel if something uses virus methods.

It scanned trought 2 million files in 15 minutes for me

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Avira. http://free-av.com.
It has heruestic search too, so it can somehow feel if something uses virus methods.

It scanned trought 2 million files in 15 minutes for me

If the below situation is not good, and there may be viruses on this computer I will download and try it out. Thanks for the link : )

I don't have virus protection on this computer I am using....and never got a virus for any reason at all......

though I do have virus protection on my other computer and there are threats of viruses on that computer.....my opinion is not to use a virus scanner.....(due to my current situation)

EDIT:
I downloaded and tried it on my new computer that I bought on black friday.....it found 6 warnings at 10% completion in 2 minutes, at this rate...I have 60 warnings or viruses on my compter....does everyone trust these virus protection programs anyway?

what is this file, if anyone knows antivir0.bdf.gz ?

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
If the below situation is not good, and there may be viruses on this computer I will download and try it out. Thanks for the link : )

I don't have virus protection on this computer I am using....and never got a virus for any reason at all......

though I do have virus protection on my other computer and there are threats of viruses on that computer.....my opinion is not to use a virus scanner.....(due to my current situation)

EDIT:
I downloaded and tried it on my new computer that I bought on black friday.....it found 6 warnings at 10% completion in 2 minutes, at this rate...I have 60 warnings or viruses on my compter....does everyone trust these virus protection programs anyway?

I would have no idea what that GZipped file is. If you just got the computer on Black Friday, unless you're doing really stupid things with it, you shouldn't have a thing to worry about if it's new. But personally I'd use Avast!. It's what I use. Avast Home Edition is free if you're interested.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

EDIT:

You could go inside "report" to check all warnings it found. It basically is files that aren't in the definitions, but seems like using methods a virus does.

rickster090

Reaction score
Avast anti-virus is totaly the best...since it has a cool voice saying when i virus has been detcted...kinda catchy too..
and since i've never had i virus since thats been installed im glad i choose it.

althought AVG is good for a free antivirus as i have seen it in most PC magazines and had it previously installed on my computer with no problems...except it allways seem to update..which makes my computer slow.

well overall my favourite is Avast. 10/10 :)

hcse26

Reaction score
Avast anti-virus is totaly the best...since it has a cool voice saying when i virus has been detcted...kinda catchy too..
and since i've never had i virus since thats been installed im glad i choose it.

well overall my favourite is Avast. 10/10

I'm with you on that one! I tried other antiviruses but it has always landed me back to avast.

The thing I like with avast is, they keep it simple, yet it does the job you installed it for ;)

Mongoose92

Reaction score
You missed out Antivir :O I've used Norton, AVG and Antivir. I hate Norton, it hogs resources and just annoys me, AVG is good, but it missed out some viruses recently, so I've switched to Antivir, which a friend of mine uses and haven't looked back. German efficiency!

pvroom

Reaction score
You missed out Antivir :O I've used Norton, AVG and Antivir. I hate Norton, it hogs resources and just annoys me, AVG is good, but it missed out some viruses recently, so I've switched to Antivir, which a friend of mine uses and haven't looked back. German efficiency!

Yes, second that. AVG can be a bit of a resource hog as well. Antivir works well.

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
None. I hate using Antivirus programs they just drain your computers potential. Why waste my money on them, I think they are worthless..

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I would have no idea what that GZipped file is. If you just got the computer on Black Friday, unless you're doing really stupid things with it, you shouldn't have a thing to worry about if it's new. But personally I'd use Avast!. It's what I use. Avast Home Edition is free if you're interested.

Yea I checked what it was thankyou.
I am using Avira. http://free-av.com. on one of my computers
and avast on the others. : )

(I had no virus protection or a really bad virus protection on my computers but now I have someone I can call protection for my comp...would have never found them if I did not read this post....I like Avast a little more though, (its because of the popup that comes up when It finds a virus..I like the nuke sign))

Thrash

Reaction score
Im not voting because Avira Antivir isnt listed. IMO that is the best, except for some paid ones such as NOD32.
I have certainly found it better than AVg which i switched form a few months back.

F

Fahad

I've used several AVs in the past: Avast, AVG, Panda, Kaspersky, and Eset Smart Security.
I've found Eset has the best detection rate.