What should I do with my...

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have no idea what it is, so i can't really help.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
A stick you can install some programs on. More capabilities than portableapps

Mitch

Reaction score
A stick you can install some programs on. More capabilities than portableapps
Install Call of Duty 4 on it. (then you don't have to move to or back to your pc.) You need a little more than 8 gb. So i don't think it will work.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Install Call of Duty 4 on it. (then you don't have to move to or back to your pc.) You need a little more than 8 gb. So i don't think it will work.

already got CoD on both comps now ;)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
but then you will have it portable :biggrin:

What about those registry entries though? Games don't seem to like to be carried throughout flash disks unless they're Steam based or something similiar.

That flash disk would be great for making it bootable, such as making it boot a Linux OS.

Mitch

Reaction score
What about those registry entries though? Games don't seem to like to be carried throughout flash disks unless they're Steam based or something similiar.

That flash disk would be great for making it bootable, such as making it boot a Linux OS.
yes, you are right. You still need to enter a your cdkey when you start the game. And this will be saved in your registry. (if you don't want to play the game anymore, you need to remove it manual)

nanoman

Reaction score
Use it as a backup drive.
Or you could code an application which would firstly put registry keys in the system and then start the CoD and wait till the game exits and then ask whether to remove the registry keys or not. :p

Max1337

Reaction score

You can always export & import registry keys ;)
Just open registry editor, and right click anywhere on the left menu, where it says 'Export'
Doing that will export everything on and below that key, so if you exported HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then you'd export everything under that, such as Software, Security, System, Sam, and Hardware... and the subsidiaries of that lol