Free vBulletin based forums

Wizet

Reaction score
Hi x10 I have found a forum application that is based on vbulletin and myBB.

With LiteBulletin the features of MyBB and vbulletin are combined. The best thing of all is that it is free. It is also being put on beta sadly. This means that some options or parts of the forum may not work. (Have not tested) With it being beta there arent many skins or modifications available except for the ones on the forum: http://community.litesoft.info. If you want to download it here is the link: http://litesoft.info/index.php?s=projects&p=litebulletin&t=software. This is only the latest beta version. If you wish to download lower beta versions ( I don't know why you would but I will just put it here for you anyways): http://community.litesoft.info/forum-2.html.

Note that I nor LiteSoft will not be responsible for data loss for your forums, website, server, etc.

Please +REP if you found this thread helpful to you.

Also to the admin or moderators if you think that this is illegal you can PM me or AIM me with zhlocolijo.

If you are thinking that this application is illegal...think again: http://community.litesoft.info/thread-243.html. If you still dont believe me from that post there is nothing much I can do to help but just say make a thread and wait for owner or an admin to answer your thread.

~Matthew

Last edited:

TheMan177

Reaction score
Interesting, but nothing special in my opinion.

The large majority of the source code is from the MyBB team, which they are fine to use since it went GPL not long ago. As for the styles, pretty much a blatant ripoff of vBulletin and MyBB too. If I'm correct, I don't believe the MyBB team, nor Jelsoft, can put any rights on their client-side files, therefore LiteBulletin can use them too. That's something they have to be careful about though, if they really intend on sticking on that path.

Where does that leave us though? It just doesn't seem like anything special, it doesn't put any new or innovative things on the table, it's just another script based on existing forum software. I wouldn't feel right using it when it makes me feel like all the effort here was from developers for other products.

It is in beta, though; so let's see what new stuff they come up with.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think it's pretty cool so far....might test it when a non-beta comes up. :)

thanks for the links. :)

Wizet

Reaction score
Interesting, but nothing special in my opinion.

The large majority of the source code is from the MyBB team, which they are fine to use since it went GPL not long ago. As for the styles, pretty much a blatant ripoff of vBulletin and MyBB too. If I'm correct, I don't believe the MyBB team, nor Jelsoft, can put any rights on their client-side files, therefore LiteBulletin can use them too. That's something they have to be careful about though, if they really intend on sticking on that path.

Where does that leave us though? It just doesn't seem like anything special, it doesn't put any new or innovative things on the table, it's just another script based on existing forum software. I wouldn't feel right using it when it makes me feel like all the effort here was from developers for other products.

It is in beta, though; so let's see what new stuff they come up with.

I know how you feel. Just think of it as like a demo like version of vbulletin for free. Would that make you feel better?

I think it's pretty cool so far....might test it when a non-beta comes up. :)

thanks for the links. :)
You're welcome.

TheMan177

Reaction score
I know how you feel. Just think of it as like a demo like version of vbulletin for free. Would that make you feel better?

Not particularly. I don't mind people taking ideas from existing software and incorporating it their own way, and if this was the case my attitude towards this would certainly be different. This isn't the case here though, and that is quite obviously apparent.

One would have thought a fork of MyBB would try to improve on existing things, and add new ones. I am aware that it is only in it's early stages, but this is not the greatest way to start out, in my opinion.

flamer619

Reaction score
Pretty cool but i prefer vBulletin lol also i might try it when a stable version comes out