History/Geography Trivia

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Somewhat before ichwar's time, methinks!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3334015312098234689&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5726343732691602449&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7280546938077609433&hl=en

Pretty weird now, but it blended in quite nicely with all the other weird stuff of the time.

I didn't guess it right. Your avatar was too small & I thought it was a man with baked beans or vomit over his head & shoulders!

Hehe. All the clues are there, in my username & sig. It might help if you knew a little about electronics. :)
I thought it had something to do with electricity. hmmm, I'll have to invent a brain reader.
Edit:
I know, zen-ray is a brand of binoculars.

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
hmmm, I like that idea too. but I suspect it has to somehow tie into videoandaudio.co.uk

zen-r

Reaction score
Looks like I have somehow become embroiled in this game myself!

I hadn't even heard of Zen-rays before. So good guess, but no. Nothing to do with feedback (though I like feedback!) and my sig doesn't give much of a clue, other than it is related to electronics.

The main clue is the username. If you replace the "-" with a letter, you'll pretty much have it. If you then google it for images, something similar to my avatar should crop up all over the place (it may help you to rotate the image 90 degrees) ;)

fguy64

Reaction score
He was the first European to visit North America. Take a guess at the year of his visit.

zen-r

Reaction score

Good work!

So now you know, I wonder if you'll still keep referring to it as my "weird avatar" all the time. ;)

I would rep you for that, but I still need to spread a little more around (just how much is required, I wonder? I have already repped quite a few people).

I've tried to answer some of your quiz questions here, but both my Geography & History knowledge are awful (never my favourite subjects in school). And it doesn't help that several of them have been US based!

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
ok, here's one that you might guess. what foolishness did king George lll do?

zen-r

Reaction score
Since I remember there is a film, The Madness of King George, it could be that you are referring to his mental health problems. Of course, you wouldn't be referring to the insanity in his giving the US a kick-start!

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Of course, you wouldn't be referring to the insanity in his giving the US a kick-start!
of course I did. that was a foolish desision for him. though for us it was great.

zen-r

Reaction score
OK. As I said, I'm no good at this subject, but let's give this one a go.

How many Plymouths are there in the world? (somewhere at least town or city sized).

I don't know myself, so we'll have to take guesses then google it, & hopefully be able to find out who guessed closest.

fguy64

Reaction score
rule violation!!!, rule violation!!!. :)

You have to know the answer before you ask the question. So let us know when you figure it out, and then I'll take a guess.

cheers.

zen-r

Reaction score
Hehe. I didn't want to look it up until I'd made a guess myself - that would have been even worse cheating!

I can't find any definitive answers to that question, just vague numbers which may or may not be right. So perhaps you would prefer a question to which I do know the answer. It's a bit easy though ;

Give me 2 names (people or things etc) for which Plymouth UK is famous, & connects Plymouth with America? (one name is perhaps best known for the Spanish connections)

plymouth_hoe02.jpg

fguy64

Reaction score
no idea on the Plymouth thing.

Just let me clarify that it is perfectly ok to use Google or Wiki to help devise your own question, you just can't use these things to answer someone else's question.

haslam1

Reaction score
what is the palte movment that made the alp's called?
and yes i do know this

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
hmmm, pangea turning into modern day geography? :biggrin:

zen-r

Reaction score
It seems that you Americans are only good at your (rather short) U.S. history! No guesses at the Plymouth questions at all?

Clue: One of the "names" associated with Plymouth, UK that I was after, is supposed to be important in the early history/founding of the U.S.

Clue: The other "name" associated with Plymouth, UK that I was after, is a historical guy with a beard, famous for his connections with the Spanish & (to a lesser extent) America. You may find that one harder, if you only know American history :)

fguy64

Reaction score
He was the first European to visit North America. Take a guess at the year of his visit.

bump, no-one has taken a stab at this question.

p.s. haslam1 I'm still waiting to hear if my "continental drift" is the correct answer for your "what plate movement made the alps?" question.