- Reaction score
He was the first European to visit North America. Take a guess at the year of his visit.
what is the palte movment that made the alp's called?
and yes i do know this
well, you forget something new everyday.More American history! The best I can guess is some time in the 15th Century, probably later than ichwar's guess though.
I remember the expression "plate tectonics" which describes the general movements of the Earths surface, though I expect you are after something more specific than this.
Since no-one has managed an attempt at my earlier questions, here are the answers ;
1) The Pilgrims, or Pilgrim Fathers is the first "name" I was after. These people set sail from my town here in Plymouth, UK, before crossing the Atlantic & settling in what is now known as Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1620. The colony became the 2nd successful English settlement in what was to become the U.S. of A.
The Pilgrims' story is supposed to have become a central theme of the history and culture of the United States, so I thought you might know the answer!
2) The 2nd "name" I was after was "Sir Francis Drake" who is famous in Plymouth for several reasons including defeating the invading Spanish Armada in 1588. During his numerous exploits throughout the world, he had a few links with South & North American events.
well, you forget something new everyday.
is the aral sea fresh water?
if not, I'd probably guess one of those large lakes in canada like the bear lake or the slave lake?
ok, um. where in the world will the annual chess engine tournament be held this year?
let me know if that's a nogo fguy and I'll pick another one.
I'm pretty sure Aral Sea is saltwater.
Anyways, the top lakes by volume are
1. Baikal, in Siberia - 23,600 cubic km (5,700 cubic miles)
2. Tanganyika, in Africa - 18,900 cubic km (4,500 cu mi)
3. Superior (Canada/US) - 11,600 cubic km (2,800 cu mi)
Interesting to note that Baikal in Siberia contains more freshwater than all lakes in North America combined. I thought that was pretty cool.
Your turn ichwar
Correct, it was held in Pamplona Spain April 12, 2009.:thefingerOh yeah, there was some serious computational power there. I think it was in Spain, but I'm not sure. If I'm not mistaken it's already over, just held this month.
Correct, it was held in Pamplona Spain April 12, 2009.:thefinger
Bonus question: who won?