Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm sure everyone has seen the give up cPanel thread. It doesn't look like we will have to give it up. I posted that thread immediately after we thought it might happen to get an idea from the community on how important it was to everyone just in case we had to look at alternatives to cPanel.

Right now we have 2 viable solutions that could fix the problem for us... we have been testing both these solutions on Cossacks and Lotus. The problem we ran into is both work great, but which one is the winner? We don't know. So we're combining servers to stress test these solutions. We need to find out now which solution is the right one for us so we do not run into this problem again in a few months.

Absolut, Cossacks, Lotus, and Stoli will all be moved to new servers with double the memory, more disk space, and faster processors. The new servers will take on the names of one of the current free servers, so you may end up going from Lotus to Lotus just the new server.

I will keep this post up to date on the transfer status of the servers.

If your server has hit 100% on the third pass and you are missing files please submit a ticket via the ticket system stating what server you were on and what files are missing. If you do not specify which files we will just restore them all and it will overwrite anything you have on there.

You may now submit tickets if you need data restored

Last edited:

VPmase

Reaction score
Hopefully there are no problems or delays :)
Keep up the good work and thanks for the update.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
:) cool, glad you found a solution that works.

zen-r

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. And perhaps it will end all the speculation & theorising on the other thread now ;)

I'm intrigued to see how your new set-up works out under testing. Sometimes it takes a problem to bring about great innovation!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That is so true, if there were no one with problems, new innovative solutions would never see the light

xadrieth

Reaction score
Glad to hear about something fixing the downtime (i only mind it a little bit since it's usually 5 minutes at the most, but my forum users mind and have made the comment "These servers could warp time and space").

Will we need to screw around with the DNS at all if we have an extra domain, or should it all stay the same?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear about something fixing the downtime (i only mind it a little bit since it's usually 5 minutes at the most, but my forum users mind and have made the comment "These servers could warp time and space").

Will we need to screw around with the DNS at all if we have an extra domain, or should it all stay the same?

If you set up the extra domain using x10hostings name servers you shouldn't need to do anything, if you used a record and your servers shared IP you probably is gonna need to change that once it is all done since they will get new IPs.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I already have the IP of the new server that I'm getting moved to and have updated my DNS recording according to the changes. DNS is updated and ready to go here :) I'd like to see how this new server will take things.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I noticed the IP address change problem if you go to cpanel and try to create a new addon. It looks like the new addresses have not been input into CPanel.

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 222.122.6.21,222.122.6.20 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Corey I cannot thank you enough, you have set up and improved an awesome hosting site for thousands and the best part is that you offer it for free. You seriously are generations ahead of the competition. Ta.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, definitely. I don't know of any other free host that would be doing half of what you have done in the past few days. If you keep this up, I'll be switching back to free from paid ;)

Thanks to all the staff at X10!

iwaproductions

Reaction score
gotta question. I am rather new to x10 hosting, but have been experiencing a lot of downtime on the Starka server. my account is iwaproductions.x10hosting.com I was just wondering, was that part of the server upgrade-cleanup thing today? And if it was, do you know approximately how long the site won't be viewable?

xadrieth

Reaction score
Question:

Other then updating the IP of my DNS, will I have to move my files/databases?

Status
Not open for further replies.