Free Domain(Read This)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arisboch

Reaction score
Free domains are still going.Thanks alot , now if i can figure out how to get it all pointed at my current free hosting here, and later transferred to a paid hosting later.all the links that had that answer in this thread seem to have gone bye bye.

xxtavexx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nimd4
The real question is, how are you going to get your (.com) domain name after they've parked it. ;)
are you saying that i cant transfer it to a different registrar?

taha116

Reaction score
Will pay 1000 creds to anyone who can do this for me, pleas PM me for details

igames

Reaction score
i can pay 500 credits to whoever can do this for me, PM me, and thanks for posting this!

zen-r

Reaction score
Will pay 1000 creds to anyone who can do this for me, pleas PM me for details

I might be able to help you out with this, if the Free Domain offer is still valid. I've PM'd you.

wenkc83

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience on how to transfer the domain name to another company? Thanks.

igames

Reaction score
Thank you very much zen-r for the domain name, you should of received the payment already

zen-r

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience on how to transfer the domain name to another company? Thanks.

There was a post some way back in this thread, which linked to someone's experiences & gave a step-by-step guide. Unfortunately the link is dead now. I seem to remember it involved having to ring up Register.com in the U.S. (they won't accept online requests) & answering lots of questions. They try to persuade you not to transfer! The rules may have changed since then anyway, so best to check out register.com's website yourself, & contact them if necessary. I do know you have to wait 60 days after registering, before you can apply for a transfer of ownership. Not sure if it also applies to transferring registrars.

If you find out more, please post back here for the benefit of others!

I can confirm for people here, that Register.com does accept more than 1 free account registration, & that the offer is still valid.

Thank you very much zen-r for the domain name, you should of received the payment already

Credits received - thanks!

I will leave iTrader feedback for you.

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

bugbrain_04

Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong... I follow the link Corey posted, go through all the steps, and it still shows the domain name as costing me $35. What am I missing?

zen-r

Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong... I follow the link Corey posted, go through all the steps, and it still shows the domain name as costing me $35. What am I missing?

I found I had to let scripts run right from the start of the registration process, in order to get it to go through as free. In my case that meant clicking "allow" in my NoScript addon in Firefox. Without doing that, it always showed only the $35 dollar option.

Also, don't forget to select Domain Only (not + Email), & don't allow them (deselect) any extras that they try to include.

And remember : once you've got your domain, to go into the settings & switch off the Auto Safe Renew, or they will take a renewal payment from your card before the end of the 1st year.

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Status
Not open for further replies.