Hello guys can you please help me?

haewen

Reaction score
hello guys, can you please help me in my final term project?

my professor said that our my site must be indexed in google in order for me to pass.
can you please help me endorse my site and also can you give me some tips.

and lastly i cant make it as SEO friendly because when i do it, my site didnt post or preview any images at all.
it only show text.

by the way my site is:

http://www.pangasinantoursite.x10hosting.com

Thank you for people whos going to help me. . .

mcklovin

Reaction score
I don't see why your really having trouble being indexed by google.

What management system are you using?

If its plain HTML files you can get indexed within a week, just post your link in a few forums, wait a few days and your site will be in google when you search the name, granted you might be on like the 5th page; it all depends on what topic your site is on and how much competition is out there.

nterror

Reaction score
Checking the source I can already see a couple problems:

- Meta Elements
You have two of the following: Google Site Verifications, Keywords, and Descriptions. You should also use commas instead of " | " to separate the keywords.

- Header Tags
On the main page, you are only using h4 tags. See "Use Appropriate Tags" in the tutorial below. You should be using h1 for main headings, h2 for sections, and so on.

Here is a starter SEO tutorial
SEO 101

Since its for a class you don't have to do everything listed on there. Just little things to help.

Added your link to my sig to help out as well.

rohitsinha54

Reaction score
its very easy to get indexed in google every site manages but ur page rank is important and crucial but i dont think u need that u just want it to be indexed thats easy just register to google webmasters and submit and verifyyour website and add a site map thats all

remember indexing can take something from 3 days to 3 weeks so be patient

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Nay, Nay and Thrice Nay I say

The block of code below is going to seriously lose you marks,
it clearly shows that you do not understand how to use the CSS stylesheet.

Overall though, it's not bad and whilst there are things that could do with changing far worse websites are out there on the internet that people have paid good money for. Would be interesting to see what the rest of the class has done and maybe linking them all together could improve page rankings overall.

<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<a class="readmore" href="http://www.pangasinantoursite.x10hosting.com/index.php?page=about" title="click to readmore about this article">[Read More]</a><br></p>

Get rid of all the '&nbsp;' and change the CSS sheet. Add the bits in red.

a.readmore{
color:#006CD9;
text-decoration:none;
font-weight:600;
float: right;
margin: 4px;

Go back to the books or online tutorials that abound on the internet and go take another look at the CSS. The left hand menu has more jitters than the average Geek on my mud-slick coffee.

Not wild about the 'outer glow' / stroke on the menu text either, personally up the size a couple of points and use an 'inner shadow instead' it will make the text easier to read and not so harsh on the eyes.

As for SEO..and the mysteries of Googles indexing system. It's alot like quantum physics, anybody that claims to understand how it works does not have a grasp of how truly complicated it actually is. Here is a good example to ponder over..

Tayntonfarm.co.uk has been up for almost a year and I doubt you will find it by searching Google, yet by contrast some demo pages we did for a proposed make-over less than two weeks ago now show up on the first page of results for the rubric 'Taynton Farm'. Niether the original or our demo site has meta tag descriptions or a site map at present, go figure..

Last edited:

mjserv

Reaction score
Nay, Nay and Thrice Nay I say

The block of code below is going to seriously lose you marks,
it clearly shows that you do not understand how to use the CSS stylesheet.

Overall though, it's not bad and whilst there are things that could do with changing far worse websites are out there on the internet that people have paid good money for. Would be interesting to see what the rest of the class has done and maybe linking them all together could improve page rankings overall.

<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<a class="readmore" href="http://www.pangasinantoursite.x10hosting.com/index.php?page=about" title="click to readmore about this article">[Read More]</a><br></p>

Get rid of all the '&nbsp;' and change the CSS sheet. Add the bits in red.

a.readmore{
color:#006CD9;
text-decoration:none;
font-weight:600;
float: right;
margin: 4px;

Go back to the books or online tutorials that abound on the internet and go take another look at the CSS. The left hand menu has more jitters than the average Geek on my mud-slick coffee.

Not wild about the 'outer glow' / stroke on the menu text either, personally up the size a couple of points and use an 'inner shadow instead' it will make the text easier to read and not so harsh on the eyes.

As for SEO..and the mysteries of Googles indexing system. It's alot like quantum physics, anybody that claims to understand how it works does not have a grasp of how truly complicated it actually is. Here is a good example to ponder over..

Tayntonfarm.co.uk has been up for almost a year and I doubt you will find it by searching Google, yet by contrast some demo pages we did for a proposed make-over less than two weeks ago now show up on the first page of results for the rubric 'Taynton Farm'. Niether the original or our demo site has meta tag descriptions or a site map at present, go figure..

The owner of cybrax also needs to fix some errors. You have some spelling,grammar errors in a few pages and your site map and legal pages do not function correctly.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Lol, Yes it does you are quite correct.

However the purpose of the thread is to comment and provide your insights upon the topic of the thread in question.

So my trans atlantic friend from Tahoe, I ask you what is better or more grammatically correct HTML. The large chunk of repeating characters or the the addition of two lines to the CSS ?

haewen

Reaction score
Thank you for the tips, i have modify my site now, i have removed gif photos instead change it with flash.

Newei, thanks again, I am a newbie in web development so thank you for the tips and replys, Lastly can you give me some list of nice forums like x10 so that i can post my link there too,thanks my site now is in page 1 rank 6.

please revisit:
http://www.pangasinantoursite.x10hosting.com
http://www.qma.x10hosting.com

mjserv

Reaction score
Lol, Yes it does you are quite correct.

However the purpose of the thread is to comment and provide your insights upon the topic of the thread in question.

So my trans atlantic friend from Tahoe, I ask you what is better or more grammatically correct HTML. The large chunk of repeating characters or the the addition of two lines to the CSS ?

Thanks for your input, You had a banner and I just had to see it. Had to comment even though you did not ask.
Id fix the large repeating characters which usually happens with redundant tags whose effects merely cancel or substitute for themselves. Good Thing Browsers habitually forge ahead and make some sense of a document, no matter how badly formed and error-ridden it may be, so I understand your view.
Just Imagine how much harder it would be to add new features to the language if the existing base of browsers choked on them.

Last edited: