Status
Not open for further replies.

critter74854

Reaction score
While I was doing some work on my page (WordPress) , I got an error indicating
"Error establishing a database connection"

I then go to c-Panel and I get another error "
Sorry for the inconvenience!
The filesystem mounted at / on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition."

I have waited about 15 minutes and tried again.. No joy.

EDIT : VOX Server and I have Checked Hosting Status.

nishan

Prime Account
Reaction score
same issue - VOX server
help please ....

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The error message you're seeing is because the shared storage (the SAN partition) common to all users on your server is very nearly full. An admin with access to the server's file system will need to clean up temporary files and logs, and may even need to suspend an account or two that may be filling up the disk faster than they can bail it out. Sometimes it can take a while to figure out what is causing the problem, so please be patient.

critter74854

Reaction score
So it's fine for me and others to go and play in traffic while admins fix this :) (joking)

The static portion of my page (all HTML) is working fine.
I wonder if I had used a Caching plugin for the WordPress portion of my site, would still display?

EDIT : To answer my own (unrelated) question is No. Once the local cache is cleared on the browser the site won't display.

Last edited:

lostadio

Reaction score
I'm getting the same issue here. Is anyone from x10 currently looking into this?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There may not be anyone with access available at what is locally oh-my-god o'clock in the morning, so the traffic-playing option may be the best thing on the menu for the moment. (The Free Hosting servers don't get full-time staff attention/monitoring beyond "power's on, nothing's on fire", and most of the support "staff" for Free Hosting are volunteers.)

Whether or not a caching plugin would help would depend on the kind of caching it did. Something that writes static pages on update would probably have worked (assuming you don't have a commenting system or similar); anything that would throw a page as a blob or big text to the database likely would not have helped. I don't particularly like WP and am not familiar with the various plugins, so I can't point to a useful one for you.

mrguy797

Reaction score
my website is completely down and i cant login (made a temporary account) but my ftp is working? but i now it isnt everyones sites as i have looked at some over peoples websites and theirs are working
:(

lostadio

Reaction score
No worries, I'm new to all this. FWIW I don't use Wordpress. I just have a couple of (mainly static) PHP pages that connect to a database, that currently holds about 13 records.

I can't get access to any of my control panel at the moment so I'll leave for a while

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
my website is completely down and i cant login (made a temporary account) but my ftp is working? but i now it isnt everyones sites as i have looked at some over peoples websites and theirs are working
:(
There are three different Free Hosting servers (Vox, Level and Absolut); the problem only affects one of them.

mrguy797

Reaction score
thanks esselar. my website started working for about 40 mins ten stopped again? is it just me or is that happening to everyone?
:)

english

Reaction score
Hi,

I get this error when connnecting to my site:
Error establishing a database connection
My site is http://www.softenglish.exofire.net/

when I enter the cpanel I get this other error:

Sorry for the inconvenience!
The filesystem mounted at / on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

Same problem for interlagos.x10.mx

server: VOX

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
at about 13:08 2014-02-01 UTC

All accounts on x10hosting's free-hosting server [ Vox ] have that issue

Admins are working on it

danielle.seiley61

Prime Account
Reaction score
My site went down at approx 3:55am CST. Just got out of bed; it's 8:28am CST and my site's still down :(
Extremely happy that the admins are working on this issue. I'd be useful if they were to post something on the status blog.

at about 13:08 2014-02-01 UTC

All accounts on x10hosting's free-hosting server [ Vox ] have that issue

Admins are working on it

mikelad

Reaction score
site also down, just wondering if anyone is looking into fixing this? I want to migrate to premium hosting when my site is a little more established, and having servers down like this is kind of a put off.. I understand server load and free hosting is something you dont "have" to offer, but alot of the guys on free accounts such as myself are using these to check out the service before going premium. not trying to be rude but i hope you can get around to a fix soon.

Thanks

mrguy797

Reaction score
site also down, just wondering if anyone is looking into fixing this? I want to migrate to premium hosting when my site is a little more established, and having servers down like this is kind of a put off.. I understand server load and free hosting is something you dont "have" to offer, but alot of the guys on free accounts such as myself are using these to check out the service before going premium. not trying to be rude but i hope you can get around to a fix soon.

Thanks
I completely agree Mikelad i am considering upgrading as well and to be honest my site has been down all day and the only day of the week i can change my website is on a saturday so i am already well behind, an extreme put off. Sort it out soon X10 Or i will use the still working FTP to download my site and go elsewhere.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've pinged someone about this and we're gonna take care of it. (I'd take care of it now. but I have to wait a couple hours for my access to be setup)

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd be useful if they were to post something on the status blog.
I've put up a quick message on the status blog explaining the issue slightly, though sorry I could not provide any more information on the matter.

alot of the guys on free accounts such as myself are using these to check out the service before going premium
This is one of the problems with free hosting. Free hosting should not be considered a "free trial" of the premium services, due to how incredibly different they are. Since the hosting is offered free, I hope you can understand the amount of abuse that is directed towards our free hosting servers. Premium hosting has a 99.9% uptime guarentee, so in the extremely unlikely event something like this were to happen on a premium server, customers are refunded a certain amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.