2 mb filesize limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wild_korun

Reaction score
what happened? x10 used to have a big filesize allowed, but now its only 2 mb.
thats smaller then the byet host allowance :(

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I have also came across this problem. When you click on Upload Files on your File Manager, you're taken to another page with three upload location bars. Right above that, it says the maximum file size is 2 MB. I haven't really experimented with it and tried uploading files over 2 MB, but I do want to know what happened, or if this is going to be permanent.

zen-r

Reaction score
Yes.

I've just tried uploading a file larger than 2MB & it refused as soon as the 2MB limit was reached.

If this is a new limit, what was it before?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Yes.

I've just tried uploading a file larger than 2MB & it refused as soon as the 2MB limit was reached.

If this is a new limit, what was it before?

There used to be no limit for the maximum filesize. The specified maximum file size would be how much disk space you have left.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I think this is probably a restriction from PHP, not CPanel. If you upload via FTP or webdisk, you should be able to upload bigger files. I think :p

zen-r

Reaction score
I've just tried Web Disk as well, but also got an error.

I'm trying again......

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
That's interesting. Maybe x10Hosting is trying to prevent its members from storing .mp3 files that are usually about 4MB and other files like that on their servers.

Garrett, I know you're on a paid server - is there a 2 MB limit on paid servers too?

zen-r

Reaction score
Well, my up-link is very slow, but it seems to have gone in this time - a whole 15MB file.

So I guess there's your solution : use Web Disk or FTP (untested) if you need to upload files larger than 2MB. :)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
30 mb file via webdisk - OK
30 mb file via FTP - OK
30 mb file via CPanel - OK

On paid, of course ;)

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
confirming the upload file limit on cpanel is indeed 2mb wish it was left as it was b4

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
What size do people need it to be? FTP does have no limit.

The cPanel file uploading takes more server resources than say FTP so we limited it somewhat to prevent people from uploading huge files.

-Corey

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Another reason to upgrade to paid :biggrin:

The webdisk and FTP are better than the CPanel uploader anyways. Cpanel seems really slow as well, compared to the other two.

Rob_C

Reaction score

The cPanel file uploading takes more server resources than say FTP so we limited it somewhat to prevent people from uploading huge files.

-Corey

Well as long as there is an alternate way to upload, and it keeps the server resources down then im fine with it the way it is. But thats just me.

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score

-Corey

hey corey

im not saying that the upload limit to be like 300 mb or 400 mb

if it could be like 5 mb at least bcoz i dont use ftp i never used it and dont like using ftp im sure there maybe some other members here not using ftp thats why i said that i had a script and was 3mb couldnt upload it i never upload files bigger then 3 or 5 mb:biggrin:

but still doesnt matter as long as the servers are fine and does not have to much load on server doesnt matter

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I have raised the maximum file size to 8MB. Anything larger will have to be done over FTP.

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
I have raised the maximum file size to 8MB. Anything larger will have to be done over FTP.

thanks corey your the best :biggrin:

mmm :p what has happened to you x10? i remember these days.

it appears these good x10 days are gone :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRQRt-z0qf4

hey wild_korun

how can you know the good days are gone u are new here and registered on
its still the best as it was from the start just some minor changes and it was done to make the hosting more better:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.