2012 Movie out today

wild bill

Reaction score
Hello Everyone --

Well I just got back from seeing the new 2012 desaster doomsday movie. Wow! what a hell of a movie man. I think it was worth the $7.50 just to see all the CGI computer graphics of the different desasters that was in the movie. I give it 5 stars! It was a little over whelming to say the least if not less. ;)

Anyone else seen the movie yet?..

--Bill

http://ke5puc.com

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet. When I get around to it I'll go check it out. I saw the trailers of it and it did look pretty sick.

wild bill

Reaction score
Yes. It kind of makes you think.. I could tell from the people that was around me that they were just as over whelmed as I was. They looked kinda shocked to me.

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I haven't seen it, but I probably will see it soon. Seems like an interesting movie.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I am too looking forward to watch it. :)

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I've been waiting on it to hit theaters. I'll probably see it sometime today or tomorrow.

xmaverick

Reaction score
For mee, good the special effects, but the whole film was a disaster. In all way. Loosed 6.50 €.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Noah's Ark given the Hollywood treatment, lots of CGI as per ususal these days (yawn, I miss the days of BIG movie sets) couple of good sight gags.. watch for the Queen of England complete with corgi dogs.

Pirate copies already circulating online. Save your money wait for the DVD. 5/10

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
i think that they did an amazing job on the whole movie, especially the graphics!
I think the graphics were amazing but all in all, the film sucked.
For mee, good the special effects, but the whole film was a disaster. In all way. Loosed 6.50 €.
Yeah, I definitely agree. Although, I think if something like that started happening, the film is 100% correct in guessing how the governments of the world would handle it. They wouldn't try saving the people. Even in America, I believe they'd let us die.

wild bill

Reaction score
Yes I agree with you.. after thinking about the movie it really didn't have a good story plot and I think the governments would do just that. Good Point!

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes I agree with you.. after thinking about the movie it really didn't have a good story plot and I think the governments would do just that. Good Point!
It's kinda sad that no beliefs of the founding fathers would stick in a situation such as that. "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" would no longer exist.

mohifbla

Reaction score
I just saw this movie over the weekend, I really enjoyed it. I liked how the plot didn't abruptly end like many recent movies do, although this is probably something I should expect of a movie :/
The graphics were really amazing when everything was falling apart

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have not seen, but I would like to...

I'll probably see it on november 20th...when twilight the new moon thing comes out...

Yes I'm a guy, that likes Twilight : ) ...just tell me you don't think at least one of the actors isn't hot...my girls say they wish they met a guy like the main character...too bad, haha, I'm more real than that, is what I always say.
Edit:
EDIT: I saw something on TV...or read it on the computer....scientists are saying there is NOTHING that can make that happen, in 2012...no scientific proof AT ALL... :)

But what I also read, is that according to the Saudi Calender Yea, or Islamic Calender year, it is really 1,500 something....they the Islamic world is saying the world ends, or it's judgment day is in the year 2000 something...so that is about 500 years early, if this does happen in 2012...(which I am hoping doesn't)...and beleive strongly that it won't happen...

did anyone read or hear how the guys interpreting the mayan calender MESSED UP BIG TIME!!!! YUP...it's not 2012...it's 2512. Apparently the 0's and the 5's the mayans used to represent these numbers, have VERY VERY similar signs....

ABOVE THAT...they found nostradamus messed up when he was writing his journals, he wrote the year of the worlds end as a 2012 (the 0) is actually a NUMBER 5!...This is the part that stumps me...WTF is nostradamus using the same numbers as the mayans did???

I have no friken clue to beleive now...the dam gov, for making things up...the dam gov letting people make things up....or the dam people, running the dam gov, that is letting the dam scientists make this **** up.

I am pissed.
:)

I anyone knows what the hell is going on...feel free to tell us.

Last edited:

dito7967

Reaction score
5 STARS!!!

And it's not all gloom and destruction so that makes it interesting. A few references to the bible in that movie too (guess).

Reaction score
We are definitely looking forward to see it. We`re in Thailand though and it probably will take some time :D

mattura

Reaction score
I saw it and although I was expecting just another disaster movie, it was better than I thought it would be.
It certainly has some comedy moments - Schwarzenegger on TV, the Queen and corgis, the stereotypical Russian oligarch, the mad hippy...
In fact, I thought the best part was when the boy sees the plane and says "Woooow, it's enourmous!!", and the Russian guy says "It's Rrrrrrrussian"!
The effects were very good as were the novel ideas about how to destroy stuff (I don't want to spoil it for you though by giving any more detail). The science was rubbish, but it always is in these films and could be ignored easily enough.

I give it 3 stars

kinley3

Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of seeing it, because I read the somewhat related book by Lawrence Joseph. Pretty crazy stuff. The reviews you guys have made will ensure that I see it on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it now :)

buyphiten

Reaction score
i got a different opinion.

no doubt the graphics is great but the movie, i'll only rate it maybe 7/10.
maybe that i brought too much expectation when i move into the theater.

the story is kinda, bad, imo?
he drive through everything/anything - not hurt.
the plane fly in all sort of difficult situation - not hurt.
it's too fiction to be possible.

for those who have not watch, and is looking for graphics ONLY, go watch it.
but if you have watched, and your friend asked you for company, forget it.