30 min downtime

Flecto

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

First of all, this is NOT a support request. I've been with x10Hosting for about a week now (free hosting) and I quite like it so far. I am using www.pingdom.com to monitor my website (mainly out of curiosity, I don't have any important stuff stored there) and yesterday I got a DOWN alert for the first time. I only saw the alert after the site was already back up, so I couldn't confirm myself that the website was actually down, but from the log I see that my website was apparently down (i.e. took more than 30 sec to load) from about 2011-09-03 03:43:26 (GMT) to about 2011-09-03 04:13:26 (GMT). My server is starka.

As I said, this is not a support request, since everything is running fine again, but I'm just wondering whether anybody has noticed anything similar or whether anybody knows a possible reason for that.

Thanks,
Jonas

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
x10Hosting is a free hosting and therefore does not have any uptime guarentees; mine has a 98% uptime which I am very impressed with for free hosting. However, paid and VPS hosting has a 99.9% Uptime SLA.

I have owned an x10VPS S1 package since the start of August and I have only had one downtime that lasted around 3 hours due to a node failure. But other than that, I've had 100% uptime. :)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
We actually have ~100% uptime for our free and paid services (excluding scheduled maintenance).

But Dead is right, we don't say we'll give you a specific uptime... However the "downtime" was most likely due to resources on your server being allocated, or perhaps some weird fluke communication error between your program and the server.