404 Error on page that already exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsnetwor

Reaction score
To clarify, we all use oxwall. We've contacted oxwall support, but with no luck. We were told that this is a server-related problem. Mod_rewrite is not configured correctly. @Dead-i, is there a solution. Is there a way you can check our mod_rewrite is configured properly?

tsnetwor

Reaction score
ISSUE SUMMARY:
To clarify, we all use oxwall. We've contacted oxwall support, but with no luck. We were told that this is a server-related problem. Mod_rewrite is not configured correctly. @@Dead-i, is there a solution. Is there a way you can check our mod_rewrite is configured properly? If there's something wrong with mod_rewrite, can you please fix it for us. If not, we're out of luck. ;)

tsnetwor

Reaction score
ISSUE SUMMARY:
To clarify, we all use oxwall. We've contacted oxwall support, but with no luck. We were told that this is a server-related problem. Mod_rewrite is not configured correctly. @Dead-i, is there a solution. Is there a way you can check our mod_rewrite is configured properly? If there's something wrong with mod_rewrite, can you please fix it for us. If not, we're out of luck. ;)

tsnetwor

Reaction score
ISSUE SUMMARY:
To clarify, we all use oxwall. We've contacted oxwall support, but with no luck. We were told that this is a server-related problem. Mod_rewrite is not configured correctly. @@Dead-i, is there a solution. Is there a way you can check our mod_rewrite is configured properly? If there's something wrong with mod_rewrite, can you please fix it for us. If not, we're out of luck. ;)

growtho2

Reaction score
Mine is still down. Now the homepage opens and all the rest have 404 error, but the homepage looks so messed up from how it actually is it might as well be 404 error as well right now. @Dead-i I guess you're the guy who can fix this error? I tried reverting back to an old backup and then reverting back to the newest backup with no luck. Site still down :/

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the trouble here; there were some recent changes to our web server's configuration, and this is causing some unusual problems with mod_rewrite. Higher staff are currently working on a solution, but in the meantime, you should be able to add the line "RewriteBase /" (assuming you are rewriting on the root of your domain) to your .htaccess file to fix the problem.

Thank you,

tsnetwor

Reaction score
@Dead-i, how long will it take for them to find a solution? Where do we insert "RewriteBase /"?
9969-Screen%20Shot%202016-02-24%20at%207.19.04%20AM.png

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
caftpx10 posted the answer above.

tanak.sources16

Reaction score
Hello,
Same issue.
Thank you for you anwser tsnetwor
On .htaccess, I had
RewriteRule ^page.html$ index.php?id=mapage.php [L]
and I corrected by
RewriteRule ^page.html$ /index.php?id=mapage.php [L]

I had to add "/" behind "index.php". Maybe the configuration of server has change yesterday.

Now, my website run !

djalikx1

Reaction score
I am still having issues with my site.

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

http://djalik.x10host.com/webtrees/

mandrfot

Reaction score
I was having this error too (my whole site was giving a 404 error message), but I added the "rewritebase /" code after "rewriteEngine on" in the htaaccess file (just as caftpx10 and dead-I recommend above) and their solution did work for me. I figured I would post this confirmation, since I didn't see any responses that confirmed the recommended solution. Thanks!

tsnetwor

Reaction score
I am still having issues with my site.

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

http://djalik.x10host.com/webtrees/

I just checked your site a moment ago, and it's working.

newsbuzz

Reaction score
I tried the RewriteBase / solution provided above but all it does is produce 500 internal server error.

newsbuzz

Reaction score
I tried the RewriteBase / solution provided above but all it does is produce 500 internal server error.

newsbuzz

Reaction score
this is what my htaccess looks like

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ public/$1 [L]

</IfModule>

Status
Not open for further replies.