A DNS entry already exists, remove it from all servers in the DNS cluster first

Status
Not open for further replies.

mscotty

Reaction score
Hi, I tried to replace my parked domain name and I'm getting an error; "A DNS entry already exists, remove it from all servers in the DNS cluster first.".
I havent come across this error before and have tried leaving it a day or two and coming back but the error remains.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
I am on free hosting so to change the parked domain i must remove the old one.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
What domain are you trying to add? We'd need to know that in order to investigate and sort this out.

mscotty

Reaction score
Hi, the previous parked domain was PaulScottBooks.co.uk (currently in place until I can find a solution).
I am trying to replace it with PaulJScottBooks.co.uk.

Thank you for your help.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi mscotty,

Edit: I've now removed the DNS record affecting that domain. Please could you try again now? :)

Thank you,

Last edited:

mscotty

Reaction score
Hi, I have now linked my accounts and tried again but the issue seems to remain :(
Please could you look again?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi mscotty,

It looks like there was a "ghost" addon domain in place for this domain name, which is why the parked domain creation failed. I've now internally removed all instances of this domain, and your parked domain should now work. :)

I've also manually added your domain for you in cPanel, just to check it was working. ;)

Thank you,

jennelis

Reaction score
Hi mscotty,

It looks like there was a "ghost" addon domain in place for this domain name, which is why the parked domain creation failed. I've now internally removed all instances of this domain, and your parked domain should now work. :)

I've also manually added your domain for you in cPanel, just to check it was working. ;)

Thank you,
Hey, I seem to be having the same problem. I am trying to add the domain www.jennelise.ca to my jennelis account but it shows the same error where I need to remove it from the DNS cluster. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.