A wise decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

memw85

Reaction score
So, today I decided to sign up for x10 hosting. I was going to get a premium package, but after I saw that you could "seamlessly" upgrade from a free account to a paid one, I decided to try the free account first just to see how x10's hosting services were.

That may have been the wisest decision I've made all day, as I instantly ran into 2 problems as soon as my account was created. The first problem I had was trying to add a new seperate domain. I have a ".cf" domain (I'd prefer to keep it's identity a secret), which is registered through Freenom, so based on the instructions on the "Add Domain" page, i set the domain's nameservers to: ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com. But then, when I tried to actually add the domain, all I got was this message:
Unable to add the domain name − Unable to create addon domain. Please verify that it has been set to the proper DNS name servers.

I waited an hour or so to let it propagate, but still no luck. Checked propagation via WhatsMyDNS.NET and got this:
fLA6dzZ.png

Obviously it's propagating, although somewhat slowly. So then I checked WhatsMyDNS.COM, and got this:

fZTSb8M.png

I'm not a DNS expert, but this looks like it's more of a problem on x10's end. I also tried adding another separate domain name, this time a .com name that's registered on GoDaddy. Same problem.

Now, as for issue number two, which is really much more of an annoyance rather than anything else, but nevertheless has to do with this very forum:
mlM3cGc.png

Lies. All lies. Tried logging in using the "djnx10bz" username supplied with my hosting account password - invalid password. Tried logging in with my hosting account email address and hosting account password - invalid username/password. Tried the reset password and send email link on the forum - never got an email. So obviously there's some form of miscommunication going on here between the application that sets up the web hosting account and the application which sets up forum accounts. I'd suggest you guys look into that, as the only way I could post this was by creating an entirely new account with a different username and email address.

At any rate, I know there are going to be problems with any host. But considering I was planning on upgrading my account after a trial run, not being able to login to a damn forum account to get some type of support for x10 dns issues is enough to keep me from purchasing anything from x10 in the future.

Have a lovely day.

iSean

Reaction score
I don't know much about the domain problem, but just a little thing about the Account Linking, I think you have to first register your username on the forum and then link that, I don't think it creates one for you. The reason you link these 2 accounts together is to make it easier for staff to support you when you post threads as they can immediatly find your hosting account.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

A few days ago there were some issues with the DNS networking on the free hosting server, "Level". I looked up your account and it seems you may have been affected by this issue. This has since been resolved, so you shouldn't be running into these DNS issues anymore. :)

I would just like to add as well that I'm not so sure that free hosting is a suitable "free trial" for premium hosting. Free hosting servers are under much more pressure and much more abuse. Considering the hosting is offered 100% free, I'm sure you can understand the number of abusive users this attracts.

Thank you,

tropicalfish4um

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you say about free hosting Dead-i , but doesn't it also make sense, that a company that actually makes money by moving free accounts to paid to put your best foot forward in the beginning. If i drive a new car, and there is a loud noise in the engine, chances are i would never buy that one.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
The new car being offered for trial isn't the same as the one being offered for purchase. It's more like comparing a quadruple-decker bus to a coupé car share. But where the bus is free, and where people like to abuse it.

tropicalfish4um

Reaction score
I dont :) but i still have to live with the problems that are caused by those who do. Fair???

Status
Not open for further replies.