about to give up

mannish

Reaction score
I don't want to get in trouble but I am about to give up on this free hosting - no disrespect toward X10 but never sure if if my page is gonna be up or not or for how long. Once again no disrespect not bashing the service..etc just about ready to give up.

recomm

Reaction score
I am having the same reservations. I am trying to test out certain businesses online but cannot promote them because the upgrades and down servers on the system. Do you have hot servers for backup while you are backing up or upgrading the servers? I am not doing any complaining to free hosting. But up time is very important to me. No disrespect, not bashing the service.
My site is recommendation.x10hosting.com.

satishan

Reaction score
now where you'll host your website...?
till now i think there is no competitor to x10hosting with respect to free hosting...

Post which webhost you prefer for hosting..

m not gonna leave..

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Just to let you know, links to our competitors will be removed.

rzrzone181934

Reaction score
hes right i want another host as soon as my credit card come true am going to start a small host for me an my friends can,t bother with all the down time

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I am having the same reservations. I am trying to test out certain businesses online but cannot promote them because the upgrades and down servers on the system.
hes right i want another host as soon as my credit card come true am going to start a small host for me an my friends can,t bother with all the down time
Business related websites and income producing websites should not be on free hosting at x10Hosting or anywhere else IMHO. These types of websites should be on a paid hosting plan, possibly even a VPS depending on what you plan to do with your website. The recent problems with free hosting at x10 were due to a completely unknown and unexpected flaw with Cpanel and staff and management is working very long hours to get everything back in order as quickly as possible. I am unaware of any free hosting service that dedicates even a fraction of the time and money into free hosting that x10Hosting does. You also need to to consider that even during ideal / problem free periods the paid hosting servers are less heavily loaded with accounts, are less subject to abuse, get premium support service, and paid hosting prices at x10Hosting are extremely competitive and affordable. Free hosting is not well suited for websites which are extremely important to your income or day to day life. That applies to x10Hosting and any other free hosting providers out there.

mannish

Reaction score
I will probably have to consider paying for hosting. X10 is great when it works though, had no complaints for a long time. I can't imagine any better free hosting than X10. I appreciate their efforts at getting everything straight.

scotty lightning

Prime Account
Reaction score
I like x10 hosting as well, but I think that I should opt to pay for the hosting as it doesn't go down as much. Especially for me when I am trying to break into the weather/media field and I have a lot of TV stations trying to look at my website for my forecast and my work. I have demo tapes, cover letters, and resumes all backed up because my website is down. It would look pretty stupid to me if I sent materials out, refer them to my website and it doesn't load.

I've been toughing out this outage, like we all have, but I would like to find out how to get a paid hosting site.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
On x10, it's at www.x10premium.com - it's even easier if you've already got backups. If you happen not to, after registering, file a support ticket in the clients area at http://clients.x10hosting.com and ask them to move the data over; if you're on a server that's not fully transferred yet they may not be able to get it copied right away, but if your server's already transferred they should be able to help get it moved over.

If you already have your own backups, congrats for remembering to take them - upload them, restore them, and good to roll! :)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
we can dig up the packaged file and move it over, and restore onto the paid server instead of the free server.

str82u

Reaction score
Business related websites and income producing websites should not be on free hosting at x10Hosting or anywhere else IMHO. These types of websites should be on a paid hosting plan, possibly even a VPS depending on what you plan to do with your website. Free hosting is not well suited for websites which are extremely important to your income or day to day life. That applies to x10Hosting and any other free hosting providers out there.
Ditto, if it's making money, give some back. I use this for one of my satellites, but it makes a little money and when it's on it has a little PR too. One other thing about free hosting. Allot of them are considered "Bad Neighborhoods" by Google. I had two free hosts that were associated drop two of my sites 3 days apart. On both occasions, sites that were linked to increased thier traffic, one site increased 200% the firest time a site went out, then another 200% INCREASE 3 DAYS LATER.
Flaw with cPanel
Flaw? Can you expound on that? I'm using cPanel on several servers and during one upgrade it was causing 500 errors for a few minutes, but only during the upgrade. As far as I know, cPanel hasn't had a true flaw in several updates. What I saw in my cPanel there was a restoration problem, but if cPanel was at fault for it I'd not be able to argue with that.
we can dig up the packaged file and move it over, and restore onto the paid server instead of the free server.
You can do that? Take a site from the free side and restore it to the paid side? I know you can, but to hear a host volunteer... you know.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Flaw? Can you expound on that? I'm using cPanel on several servers and during one upgrade it was causing 500 errors for a few minutes, but only during the upgrade. As far as I know, cPanel hasn't had a true flaw in several updates. What I saw in my cPanel there was a restoration problem, but if cPanel was at fault for it I'd not be able to argue with that.
Explained in This Thread by x10Hosting Owner / CEO. Maybe "flaw" was poor choice of words. More like "limit".

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You can do that? Take a site from the free side and restore it to the paid side? I know you can, but to hear a host volunteer... you know.

Yes, we always move the accounts over if someone signs up for paid and request to have that done, its part of the "deal" if you chose to upgrade to paid.