Absolut \ Cossacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Two new servers will be going online hopefully in the next 48 hours. :)

Dark

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks Corey. :)

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Two new servers will be going online hopefully in the next 48 hours. :)

Are they going to be free or paid servers? I remember Cossacks being a free server, I used to be on it before I got moved to Lotus. I don't quite remember Absolut, though.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
They will be free servers. :)

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
They will be free servers. :)

Will the current existing free accounts be evenly distributed among all the free servers, including the new ones; or will the new servers only be available to new sign-ups? Not that I'm interested in changing or anything, I'm just curious.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Can I have the Absolut server back (Just kidding. Lotus has been treating me nicely)? This should help speed up the servers once again considering a few of them have been having speed issues as of late.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I remember Cossacks being a free server, I used to be on it before I got moved to Lotus. I don't quite remember Absolut, though.

:eek: I remember Absolut, can't believe anyone can forget that over populated server. Cossacks was always nice to me :)

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Thats a good news Corey.

I used to be on cossacks, But right now I like lotus. till now it didn't let me down. Here and there a small downtime but that didn't affect me much. Anyway on free hosting that is common.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I used to be on Absolut, and I remember it being fairly good :) Thanks Corey.

Like adamparkzer said, are the new servers for new sign ups, or will current accounts be distributed among them?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Accounts probably won't be transferred to be evenly distributed over the servers. They will probably just get new sign ups. There aren't really any issues with the servers as of current, and transferring a ton of accounts would just piss people off and make them mad that they can't access their account. Plus a mass transfer of accounts leads to unlinked accounts, domains still pointing to old servers/accounts on other servers, etc.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Wasn't Stoli always the overpopulated server? :biggrin:
I used to be on Stoli... and I used to have a 99.9% downtime! However chopin is like music to my ears now :biggrin:!

ps3fan401

Reaction score
Good to hear Corey! This should increase performance if they evenly distribute all free accounts with the two new servers.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
They will take new accounts, this will mean no new accounts will be put on the other 4 until the 2 new servers are caught up. It will increase overall stability as new accounts are normally what cause issues until they're caught by the resource monitor and other scanners. New accounts are also normally more active as people are testing scripts, installing new stuff, etc...

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Different cPanel login system (password protected directory) for Cossaks ?

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
That's the default way cPanel handles logins; the custom x10 login page probably hasn't been set up yet.

--- Mr. DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.