nicotick

Reaction score
I'd sign up for the premium service if it would end this suffering. LMAO

nicoticket.x10.mx <<<Migrate me please <3

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Our administrators are working hard to migrate all the accounts on Absolut as soon as possible. Apologies that this is taking a little longer than expected; the servers are trying to individually re-create and transfer tens of thousands of accounts.

For more info, please see this topic and this status blog.

aquariu8

Reaction score
I dont think its so much that this happened Dead-i , its that it happened without warning. In my case i can finally see a CPanel, but i have no files in it, and the auto installer is not there, and the my sql server is offline, so far ive received many emails from used to be members that have now moved on. Everyone understands a short downtime, but with no members left whats the point. Forums are a funny thing. It takes forever to populate one, and with some prior notice most members understand, but if your site goes dark for days with NO NOTICE, they will leave and not come back. Just sayin. :(

comeread

Reaction score
Ditto aquariu8... lol.. I have been checking daily, but it is a NO go. Cross your fingers, and send good thoughts to that x10 staff, they have to be suffering a deluge of posts and support chats.
xoxox to the x10 staff:banghead:

aquariu8

Reaction score
I know i have seen 1000000 replys to irate free hosting clients, saying the same thing, when the mods have no actual control at all. The way i see it, if they dont hurry up im gonna request a refund of my .00 cents and buy free hosting somewhere else. LMAO they will have it fixed asap im sure in the mean time come mow my yard :)

comeread

Reaction score
I just mowed my yard in the freaking rain.. lol.. I live in the pacific northwest and it rains all the time..
Good luck!

aquariu8

Reaction score
I mowed min yesterday, its supposed to start raining in Indiana this weekend, for about a week.

gcscfort

Prime Account
Reaction score
Murphy's Law must have hit them hard because it wouldn't take 5 days to migrate one server unless some major problems cropped up.

aquariu8

Reaction score
Yeah, its a little odd, but what are you gonna do ?? its like buying a used car with lots of issues, and complaining about it. When you could fix all that by buying a new car with a warranty :)

gcscfort

Prime Account
Reaction score
Nothing to do but wait....Just hope there are no recurring problems with the server once they are done with this.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
when the mods have no actual control at all
The majority of us (me included) have no real control on the migration progress, but we get updated and we try our best to stay informed on the matter. :)

Murphy's Law must have hit them hard because it wouldn't take 5 days to migrate one server unless some major problems cropped up.
Though there are a few problems cropping up that our administrators are currently working on, it does unfortunately take a fairly long time to migrate all these accounts. To my knowledge, it is not as simple as simply transferring them all across; the servers also have to re-create the cPanel accounts, re-setup the domains, restore MySQL databases, etc. Multiply this with tens of thousands of accounts and it does take quite a lot of time to do this. This is why xo1 (Absolut)'s main cPanel has been periodically unavailable in the last few days - the cPanel software tends to get under quite a lot of stress when trying to re-create all these accounts.

its like buying a used car with lots of issues, and complaining about it
A free car. :p

Nothing to do but wait....Just hope there are no recurring problems with the server once they are done with this.
Our admins are still working on getting things configured, but hopefully everything should be resolved soon. They're doing their best. :)

studio5

Reaction score
I just moved my dns to heliohost, and I really miss x10, the server I'm on there is so overloaded and the mysql is always down!

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Just so you all know, Dead-I is dead-on about the move. It's not as simple as just remounting a SAN partition on some new hardware. We have to transfer every single account.

This means, the account is packaged (literally, the entire account. mysql, files, preferences, everything). Then, it's copied over to the new server (takes some time, depending on the size of the file, even over a private network.). Then, after that, it's unpackaged and everything is installed onto the new server.

Rinse, and repeat. several thousand times.

Status
Not open for further replies.