Account deleted without any warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

aport

Reaction score
I've been logging into my account fairly regularly, but when I tried to access my account today, all of my webhosting information has disappeared. I didn't receive any warning via e-mail or anything. I'm very confused as to why this happened considering on 06-29-2010 I bought a Double Everything Special for my hosting. I was under the impression that if I PAID for some sort of hosting then I should at least get an email when the company randomly deletes my files. Since my hosting was deleted and I only have a forum account on my account, I can not create a support ticket. Could someone PLEASE get back to me on this issue? Are all of my files permanently deleted? If so can I get a refund on my double everything plan that wasn't ever supposed to expire? I've always had great service with this provider and I've recommended it to everyone I know, but if this can't be resolved, I'll have to find a new home.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If they are deleted, that would be permanent.

There is a requirement to log into the forums at least once every 31 days to keep a free hosting account active, failing to do so will get your account suspended for being inactive, this is clearly outlined in our ToS.
14 days after an account is suspended it is removed if no action to resolve that suspension is done. You would have gotten a notice that your account was suspended when that happened, you should also have gotten a notification that you risked being suspended if you did not log in to the forums.

Double everything does NOT in any way make your account exempt from that rule, and it is non refundable.

I can check if this surely is what happened, or of the account just got unlinked from your forum account, if you provide us with the cPanel username you have/had.

aport

Reaction score
According to my account, I should have received TWO e-mails, which I never received. See, usually when I'm late about logging in, I just rely on that e-mail to remind me. I looked through my Gmail archive (instead of deleting e-mails from X10, I archive them so I can search through them later) and there wasn't one anywhere near June or July.

If I were to open another hosting account on my account, could I have my double everything back?

edit: My username was aliceh for my hosting and aport for my forum, but I was able to log in to my hosting with both usernames. Email is omgscore AT gmail.com.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.