Account status

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalenoes

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to know the status of my account. I can't log into the Account System and it gives me this error:
" The forum account you are logging into does not have an existing link to an x10Hosting hosting account."

This is strange because I have indeed managed to log into it some time ago (probably a month or two ago). Reading further, I saw:
"If you have successfully logged into the account system in the past, this error may be the result of the hosting account no longer existing. If you have not accessed your x10Hosting account in an extended period of time, it may have been terminated with our inactivity policy."

I assume this refers to the 14-day (now 30 days) forum login requirement? I did comply with the requirements though. Is my account terminated? I don't believe I have received any email notices about it though.

Would appreciate some clarification, thank you.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Most probably because of inactivity your hosting account is terminated. You can re register for the new account.

Make sure that you login to forums within every 30 days.

jalenoes

Reaction score
Did you check for sure or are you just guessing? If it was terminated due to inactivity there ought to be some logs somewhere about it.

For your reference, the last 3 times I logged into the forum were on the 5th, 26th, and 27th Nov. I don't believe it was because of forum inactivity.

P.S: I can't even re-register because x10hosting isn't accepting sign-ups from my country (Malaysia) anymore. I was fortunate enough to have an account before the blanket ban was implemented.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If you tell us your cPanel name, we can check what has happened. But as gsonline said, there's no linked hosting account associated with your current forum account and the most common reason is that the hosting has been terminated.

When were the last time you visited your site and checked?
Your account could have been suspended for another reason then inactivity and thus be terminated if it had been suspended for more then 10 days.

jalenoes

Reaction score
Hmmm....my cPanel username is the same as my forum username: jalenoes.

Dang it. Although I haven't checked my site in a while, I still do log into the forum at the required times to avoid the inactivity suspension. I guess if my account really has been terminated then I'm outta luck since I can't re-register anymore. =(

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, your hosting account was terminated for being suspended for greater than 10 days without requesting an un-suspension. Unfortunately there is no way to recover the lost files/data. If you wish to re-sign up we can work something out, just let me know. :)

jalenoes

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I keep a reminder on my phone to remind me to login at the required times. Guess I must have missed one without realising. :S

Yes, I do wish to re-sign up. I still have back-ups of the site on my comp so lost files aren't really an issue. What do I do next?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Can you please provide me with the following information:

cPanel username:
subdomain or domain:
confirmation email address:

Please read the terms of service and mark this box with an X if you agree. (X)

Just copy and paste this template i put above, and send the info to my email address: jarryd (at) x10hosting.com

I will then create the account manually for you. :)

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have sent an email back regarding the information.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
well, thats why they have the nice option "Inactivity timer" :)
Using it for a long time already

Hi TomyVk,

This is irrelevant to this thread. The original poster was terminated for being suspended for greater than ten days, not for inactivity. The original poster was still logging in to the forums as required, but did not realize that (s)he was suspended and did not do anything about it.

- Adam

jalenoes

Reaction score
I have sent an email back regarding the information.

Got the email and logged in successfully to cPanel. Thanks for the courteous and excellent support!

Edit:
Couldn't log into the x10hosting account page though. There was no confirmation code sent to my email and requesting for "Resend confirmation email" resulted in:

An error occurred while processing your request. The error that occurred was fatal to the request and unable to be resolved automatically.The error code provided is: ERRT61042

Any help?

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That problem should be resolved now, let me know if you have any more issues. :)

jalenoes

Reaction score
One last issue: my cPanel (and x10hosting account page) still shows 500MB of space instead of the recent upgrade to 1024MB on ad-free accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.