Account suspended after email sent to forum members

Status
Not open for further replies.

indiabod

Reaction score
Hello guys,
My hosting account is suspended after i sent email to all my forum members. Can I know how can I unsuspend my account?

Thanking you,
Kapil

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have unsuspended your account. Please allow a little time for the system to fully unlock your account.

To avoid this in the future, check if there's a setting that makes the forum script send them in smaller batches with a couple minutes intervals.

indiabod

Reaction score
Hello again,
I searched in ACP of PHPBB v3,
Found this option,

E-mail package size:
This is the number of maximum e-mails sent out in one package. This setting is applied to the internal message queue; set this value to 0 if you have problems with non-delivered notification e-mails.

Default is set to '50'

Do I've to change it??

I found one more MOD, it gives this additional option.

Maximum allowed email recipients:
The maximum number of recipients that your email server will allow in one email message.

Default is set to '50'

I haven't tried after installing the MOD, should I try? Or is there any other solution for abovesaid problem?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, try setting it to 25. See if that fixes the issue.

indiabod

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, one more thing I like to add that I installed MOD after suspension of account.

I think that will limit mails per time to 50, should I try with that only or 25?
If again my account gets suspended, will it be unsuspended na?
There are around 500 members on my forum.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, one more thing I like to add that I installed MOD after suspension of account.

I think that will limit mails per time to 50, should I try with that only or 25?
If again my account gets suspended, will it be unsuspended na?
There are around 500 members on my forum.

You have two opportunities to manually unsuspend yourself from high system resource usage, and the third time you have to get an account manager to do it. I'm not sure how many chances you have left, but as long as this isn't a recurring problem, you should be able to be unsuspended again.

I recommend setting the mail limit as low as possible while not damaging the running of your forum. Apparently 50 is too much, so you can either take Hellsheep's recommendation of 25 or go even lower if you're overconscious about resuspension.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
With a forum of that size, I'd set the limit as 20 messages at a time. You were probably suspended since the mailing script was running too long. Here I use SMF 2.0 and it gives me options to set what interval I should set the software to send mail out at, as well as how many messages per a given time. Also, if the mail queue is very long and the messages need to get out ASAP, I can tell the forum software to send every message left in the queue all at once.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
If you can, you can setup a cron job to send mails every 30 minutes or so, and it will send mail at regular interval instead of all once at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.