addon domain setup problem, godaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennelis

Reaction score
I have a domain with godaddy, the name servers were changed to ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com and it is pointing to 198.91.81.3, which is my website jennelise.x10.mx.

In the control panel im adding a parked domain, entering my domain and i get this error:

Using nameservers with the following IPs: 216.69.185.23,208.109.255.23 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

Is there a solution to this that i can do myself or do i need mod help? thanks.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Those IP addresses is not the ones for our name servers. Please verify the setting.
Note that changing the name servers may not reflect fully all over the world directly, though often within the hour it can take up to 48 hours. Attempting to add the domain before the name servers have propagated would cause the above error.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
You also should not set an a record through godaddy.

webjusti

Reaction score
"Those IP addresses is not the ones for our name servers. ..." Where can i get the correct ip addresses?

webjusti

Reaction score
Thanks. But that's general information. I need my own ips or the ones that i should use for the name servers in order to point a domain .COM to an add on domain on x10. thanks :)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
And, if you looked through our Wiki, you'd see that we have a page for Nameservers... http://x10hosting.com/wiki/Nameservers

I try to teach people to get information, rather than just give it to them. It makes people well rounded, so they can try to troubleshoot for themselves before asking for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.