Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozsumo

Reaction score
Can I receive more subdomains and MySQL databases if I place x10 ads on my site?

How should I go about doing that, if I can?

Danielx386

Reaction score
First up, you get the ad code from your account panel, put the code in your webpages, then create a support ticket asking for your account to be upgraded

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Very good question.

Yes you can.

In the x10 control panel, you can get the adcode, and place it in every page of your site.

Once you do that, just post back here, and I'll send the post off to the support staff who can review your site, and apply the ad-enhanced package.

You get a lot more stuff, including sub domain, disk space, SQL databases, SQL users, email accounts, bandwith, etc.

I have the package, as well as the double-all package.

The package usually has 2500 mb of apace, and now I have 5000mb of space. =] it's a great deal for just 4.95 one time.

mozsumo

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt reply and accurate information. Due to some technical updates in my site it will be a few days to get the ads up, but I will let you know when I am ready.

Also, I just checked the account panel (/panel.php), but I could not find the ad code. What menu item is it under on the navigation on the right?

Danielx386

Reaction score
on the right hand side, there a link along the line get ad code or something like that. Also make sure that you are logged into the system as well

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt reply and accurate information. Due to some technical updates in my site it will be a few days to get the ads up, but I will let you know when I am ready.

Also, I just checked the account panel (/panel.php), but I could not find the ad code. What menu item is it under on the navigation on the right?
It has been reported that for firefox users with ad-block plus the text disappears from the button, it's the one right under "Account Upgrades" (last option in the "Account Options" section of the menu)

mozsumo

Reaction score
I found the page. (it was AdBlock Plus), but there are two codes there. Which one should I use? If it doesn't matter, which do you suggest?

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd use the personal code..

But for the purposes of the upgrade, I'd use

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://x10hosting.com/adserve.js?corporate"></script>

The Corporate package makes the ads a bit bigger (469x60), but you get more space and domains and such out of the deal.

After you're upgraded, you can use this code to have clicks attributed to your account (at least you used to be able to...)

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://x10hosting.com/adserve.js?mozsumo"></script>

mozsumo

Reaction score
What is the difference between the advanced ads and the corporate ads?

How much extra stuff do you get for each?

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the actual difference anymore. It used to be listed on x10's main page when the old site was there, but I'm not sure of the difference (if any) now. I will ask a staff person.

Status
Not open for further replies.