• 45-59

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • 60-99

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

zen-r

Reaction score
I think there are several factors which will skew how this poll goes;

-School holidays/exams soon/ at moment (many kids use x10 whilst at school).

-Lots of server problems at moment (may lure in more older people, because they like providing support & solving problems).

-May be affected by the age of the 1st few people to post in this thread (older posters may be more inclined to feel welcome here, & vote).

-And a few other things.

So it isn't necessarily statistically accurate, but interesting never-the-less!

P.S. Where is the "100 & over" category? How am I expected to vote?! ;)

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I'm 17. :D

I'm interested to see how many selections are made for 0-9...

kieran5676

Reaction score
Well, I think it's safe for me to say I'm the youngest member on the forums. (Clue, there's only one person in the 10-13 group.) I joined x10 when I was 9 or something and started HTML-ing when I was about 6... I'm now (*Skims through ToS to check if there's an age limit*) 11

Hauzer

Reaction score
15, I will be 16 at the end of this year. When I first registered on x10hosting I was 13.

digitalimages

Reaction score
@ alexandgruntz.....your laughing now I bet.. ...cause there is one 60-99 on the poll...but don't laugh too long...one day (if your lucky) you also will be over 60 ....
Age is just a number.....there are some very "mature" teenagers and some very inmature senior citizens....
I think "attitude and respect" are the most obvious indication of the "real" age of any person....
ps...yes I'm the one who is over 60!! and I'm proud of it....:dancingwt
trying to learn all this web s__t keeps my mind young.....

zen-r

Reaction score

Take a look at this thread here ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/introductions/94998-hi-everyone.html

Count the number of times afa86 has posted "Hey!" repeatedly at weekly or 2 weekly intervals.

Clearly we've found ourselves another $%@*!! that thinks they have to post at least once in every 2 weeks to keep their account active.

YOU DON'T. YOU ONLY HAVE TO LOG IN ONCE IN EVERY 2 WEEKS.

SO KINDLY STOP SPAMMING
:mad:

The kind person that I am, I've also PM'd afa86 with this information!

P.S. digitalimages........It's nice to see more of the "older" people like you proudly announcing your presence in this forum. It highlights that not everyone is a teenager here, & compared to you, makes me feel a bit more of a youngster! ;)

(I expect that if this poll is still running when the schools re-open, though, that the numbers may shift back in favour of the 15 & unders)

Last edited:

merrillmck

Reaction score
Why isn't the poll public? :D

If there is a way to make the poll public (ie everyone can tell where everyone else voted) then I wasn't aware of it. And if I saw such an option, I would have made it private in a poll like this. Some people prefer to keep their age secret. I've got no problem with that.

taha116

Reaction score
Interesting stats 60 % of x10 users (Take note use forums frequently enough to notice this post) are very young. They fall in the ranges of 14-21. And another 12% are between 22-25. That totals to 72%! people between these ages are apparently the main audience of x10hostings services.

We are also the least patient and we cant deny it... When it comes to downtime you cant entirely blame people for opening tickets on the same topic unless they actually opened like 3 about the same problem

One comment, were you high when you put 0-9 on the list? JKz some kids are like that though.

Last edited:

merrillmck

Reaction score
One comment, were you high when you put 0-9 on the list? JKz some kids are like that though.

I'd put my money on this website having a few 8 or 9 year olds with their own sites. Their mother/father is probably a software engineer that encourages them and teaches them this stuff at a young age ...

I don't think I was high.