ANy idea when starka will be up and running again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsto17

Reaction score
My site on Starka is still giving me the dreaded
Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)

Any news?

jsto17

Reaction score
Helpful & Informative! Oh no wait......lol

Nice try anyway's fella, thank for making an effort.

zen-r

Reaction score
And once you've moved from Starka (which should have happened by now), you can use this link to keep an eye on server status for all servers. The website has now been updated since the server move, & should show correct info again (I'm reliably informed!) ; http://x10staff.co.cc/status/

Last edited:

moinkhan

Reaction score
Double check your server from ACP account management panel
Well, I can't login to account management system. Going by server alerts thread, I am not sure, if I should open a support ticket. Has any previously "starka" customer been able to login to their account after the move?

griff701

Reaction score
Not me - still getting a Bad Request (invalid hostname) error when trying to access my site, and trying to get to the cpanel gives " The forum account you are logging into does not have an existing link to an x10Hosting hosting account."

Been like it since last Wednesday or Thursday - I put a ticket and am waiting ..... patiently :D

aldomillwall

Reaction score
Yeah, same problem as you guys. I think our accounts may have been lost in cyberspace.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I can't login to account management system. Going by server alerts thread, I am not sure, if I should open a support ticket. Has any previously "starka" customer been able to login to their account after the move?

No, starka is removed completely

Not me - still getting a Bad Request (invalid hostname) error when trying to access my site, and trying to get to the cpanel gives " The forum account you are logging into does not have an existing link to an x10Hosting hosting account."

Been like it since last Wednesday or Thursday - I put a ticket and am waiting ..... patiently :D

Good you dhould wait till reply. Thats the only way

Yeah, same problem as you guys. I think our accounts may have been lost in cyberspace.

Not in cyberspace but lost somewhere lol

Last edited:

xnoddyx

Reaction score

me aswell bin sins Thursday for me i put a Ticket in on Fri 19/06/2009 after the moves 48H when it was serpost to be back up and runing and my Ticket has still not been lookd at ether its a big prob or thay have lost the backups in the move as well and are trying to retrive the data i was thinking of moveing to the payd servis but after all the probs i have had even be for the move the http was more down than up on my website
i mite move back to where i was be for but will see what happens just now

Last edited:

te.creative

Reaction score
i used to be on starka, but now i'm on stoli. my site is working, but my email is not. i've been unable to send and receive emails since 11jun. i checked my server status, and it says "failed" on exim.

Elesarr

Reaction score
It was stated that php mail() function,ASP.NET and several other features were turned off due to the resources they used and/or the monitoring they required and would not be turned back on until the server work was completed. It was also stated by Corey that there was at least a week's worth of stuff to be done, but hopefully it would be shorter than that, so nothing was completed in 48hrs.

Starka no longer exists it was moved to Stoli.

There are only 3 free servers now: Chopin, Stoli, Lotus

The News and Announcements Board have threads that discuss this:

Latest Updates 6/18/09 Corey

Latest Updates 6/14/09 Corey

and the Off Topic Board has a place you can reply to the updates:

Latest Update 6/18/09 News Thread Response (
multipage.gif
1 2) Corey

All the stuff I talk about above has been discussed in the links I posted, the staff is aware of all these issues and has said if you receive an error that you account is not linked to an x10Hosting account to open a ticket indicating so.

So open the ticket and be patient. Just because you open a ticket does not mean it will be solved in a short time, they are still completing the server move.

I for one am extremely grateful they are performing these server upgrades to improve the performance we all see on our sites collectively. There is no way to avoid downtime when upgrading servers by moving the content to new servers: no magical wand or 24th century tech.

Corey and his staff do a lot for us considering we do not have priority support, we do not pay to have excellent service including but not limited to: SMTP, POP3, php sendmail, PHP, and .NET. There are very few reliable free hosts that offer this kind of inclusive package without requiring a minimum amount of posts on boards or requiring to have ads displayed on the pages.

Many of you have recently joined and were caught up in the hectic chaos that is the server move, bad timing, however it does not reflect the quality of service offered by x10Hosting.

I apologize for length of my post however I felt the need to say all of this because it becomes tiresome reading day after day how horrible x10hosting is when in point of fact they are not ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.