Anyone elsse see the wordpress update news

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score

ray45378

Reaction score
Yeah, I upgraded automatically on Stoli expecting to get suspended again, but this time it worked perfectly...No suspension! :)

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, I upgraded automatically on Stoli expecting to get suspended again, but this time it worked perfectly...No suspension! :)

As per the newsletter the resources will be increased from January 1st onwards. So this will reduce the high resource suspensions

Last edited:

tim4rd

Prime Account
Reaction score
Waiting on the update now, anyone else find that they have to update plugins via FTP in order to avoid the suspension?

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
It's a very minor edit, so will not take long. Half of HRU suspensions are about the length of time taken, so this update won't cause HRU suspensions (unless the server is running slow).

~Callum

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Security flaw...there have only been 15 (i'm pulling numbers out of a hat) known cases of wordpress users hacks being done the way that flaw would have left you to do it.

Heck, I go and look for updates for wordpress maybe...ummmhmmmhhmm NEVER...

You see, since that 15 count I just mentioned above, from the time they posted that "CRITICAL SECURITY FLAW MESSAGE" hacks successful increased 12%

Do you guys see what I am saying...hell, it would have been better to just leave the security flaw...couple hundred wordpresses hacked in ow lets say 5 years is better than the couple hundred hacked in the last 3 weeks or less.

Sometimes I think people are idiots, mentioning such security flaws like that in public. Just have a new update come up when you're in the panel, don't go around screaming SECURITY HACK, SECURITY FLAW...

Why don't people think before they act? Because they act with their Empty HEAD, not their common sense.

...That was dramatic, but hey, it's my first crossfire post in a while now...

I see people aren't soo rallied up anymore as they used too...I think they need to change the crossfire forum rules a little so I don't turn out to be the most worked up anymore :) hehe.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

"Sticky: Read this before posting. ONE LINE/WORD POSTS WILL RESULT IN AN INFRACTION

Rules of Crossfire Welcome to Crossfire. This forum is the only place where heated debates and discussions ensue. With this in mind Crossfire requires a level of maturity and dedication the other forums do not have. First and foremost read the rules and regulations of X10 forums here. All the...
Started by Kayos, 06-12-2009 12:02 AM"

So....um....I don't understand whats going on..

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
As per the newsletter the resources will be increased from January 1st onwards. So this will reduce the high resource suspensions

Did they increase the resource allocations sir?
I am a illuminated member.But I would love to have an account on free servers as well.
I know that this is not a place to ask a question on free server.But can you please help me with information on how to get a free account while I can still have my illuminated account.
If I have to register again,I will not have a problem.But I want to inform you and do it accordingly.

prototypedesign33

Reaction score
See, this is part of the reason I don't bother with Wordpress.

One, I'm a minimalist, I like to have a very spartan site that I know works. I also enjoy being able to see everything I'm doing and understand it. While this may have the drawback of making my site look like it's as old as I am, this also helps with compatibility, decreases the resource drain, and so forth.

Two, I'm paranoid. Sorta like how I'm a minimalist, I like to be able to see everything and understand it. If I'm gonna be running something on my site, I want to have absolute control over it. If this means I have to stick with plain HTML and a minimal look, I'm fine with that.