Resolved Apache is functioning normally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a requirement to log in at least once every 30 days to keep a free hosting account active. Relying on an email as the sole reminder is not advised.

During end of first week in March, as part of our maintenance that was announced in mid December, we purged all accounts that had no login activity during the last 60 days prior, your account was well outside that 60 day mark and even more so outside of the 30 day requirement for free hosting. Prior to our purging you last logged into your account on November 18th.

Initially we said cutoff for restores would be one week, purge was started on the 4th or March, meaning in reality we should not restore anyone past Sunday 15th, though we extended it a little bit extra, but it was said that the last cutoff date would be on Sunday last (22nd).

I could not locate a backup package to restore for your account. I will alert head admin, but this could mean that cleanup has started on your server as we are past the last cutoff date for restores by a week.

alvarogo

Reaction score
Ok, thanks Anna, hope the head admin can restore it.

But, what can I do if that cleanup has started on my server?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If it would come to the point where no backups are available any more (which at some point will be true, we can't keep them indefinitely), the only thing you could do would be wait until you can get a new account and upload any backups you have stored locally. Normally the backup responsibility is on the users (although we always have server backups in case a server decides to go down, but these may not always be possible to extract an individual account from).

There's a high probability there are backups available, as far as I know the old servers are still in commission as well for extra safety, as long as those are online we can always re-transfer from those as well. They are just not where I personally can access them.

alvarogo

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. I will wait for any updates you post for this.

Regards!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for reply from the head admin, but it would appear his availability is a bit limited nowdays.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I spoke briefly with head admin last night, COVID-19 have forced him to rearrange the resources a bit, leaving the free hosting fairly low down on the priority list (our paid services gets priority). Although x10 it self is not as affected but some of our vendors and customers are.

He said he'd try to get to my little list during the next 24 hours.

alvarogo

Reaction score
Well, I understand the situation. We will wait if I am lucky enough.

Thanks for all!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The account have now been restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.