At what age did you first get a website?

At What age did you design / get a website

• Total voters

mujtaba91

Reaction score
Hi Guys...
Just wanna know how old you were when you first designed / got / created a website?

lachlanlindsay

Reaction score
I was about 13 but that was a *removed* site not html stuff or PHP my first Good Site I made was hear when at 15 that's how old I am now Sites in my sig if you wish to take a look I hope that by the time I an 20 it will have a good amount of members

By the way how old were you?

Edit Reason: Advertising Hosting company

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Reaction score
I made my first website when I was 9. I think I called it Pokemon UFO or something, everyone in my school loved Pokemon at that time.
That was 3 years ago.

EDIT: This isn't really a debate and doesn't belong in crossfire.
*MOVED* to Off-topic

jaco_don

Reaction score
I made my first website when I was 18 using *Reference Removed*

lachlanlindsay

Reaction score
I made my first website when I was 9. I think I called it Pokemon UFO or something, everyone in my school loved Pokemon at that time.
That was 3 years ago.

EDIT: This isn't really a debate and doesn't belong in crossfire.
*MOVED* to Off-topic
Sorry, I know that you are a very good mod but are you only 12? If so Wow you act realy well for your age

tittat

Reaction score
I first made when i was 16, i called it as funtimes.It was made with Frontpage.

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
I made a website within about 3 months of getting a Computer at home.

It was only a crappy site at *Site Reference removed*. And probably doesn't exist any more (thank god!).

That was 5 years ago. So, when I was 13.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Was around 3-4 years ago, I'm 14 now so I'd have been 10 or 11 :). Woah, it really makes you think about how much more you learn by doing it. My old one was in HTML 4, invalid code (obviously!) and had a mix of cheesy fonts and bad graphics...good times.

Now, it's 100% valid (other than WordPress, but I'm not editing the template lol) and a lot tidier. And it uses PHP.

-Luke.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Took a required webmastering class in elementary school. Oh those Macs.. never sure how I made it

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I first had a website when I was 12 years old. Dead serious! That's when I started teaching myself HTML and running web servers.

mujtaba91

Reaction score
First i made one on *reference Removed*...when i was 14
It was my schools website....but i put some background music also there and contained a page to download LINKIN PARK songs !!! :nuts:
Then i made my own website in HTML...
That too had no graphics just plain black background and orange text....
When i look back how i used to make sites i laugh now...:biggrin:
Example : To make a navigation bar i used to cod like this

<Hr>
Some link &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Other Link ....&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; More Link etc
<Hr>:nuts:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I think I was about 11 or 12 when I made my first site. It was very basic just some links on a awful background.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I was 13. I made my own "Arcade" from copying the Paste This HTML Code stuff off of Free Game websites.
It actually was pretty nice.

Divinorum

Reaction score
12, it was only a freewebs but it was my pride and joy back then.

Then I slightly got into hosting my own and without the stupid subdomain.

It's amazing of how far I've gone since my first website.

kkenny

Reaction score
First one was coded when Web 2.0 wasn't even existant. Probably like 5~6 years ago, I was bored over the summer, took some HTML 2 or 3 for dummies book, and started hammering at sites ;]

xyunaxfantasiesx

Reaction score
When I was about 12-13, I started a resource forum which was a bit of a success for where I was going with it but then I just slacked and stop updating. Now, I just have a website for my arts.

BJames1530

Reaction score
11, but it wasn't much of a site it was a picture and my name, but i was really proud of it and my friends thought it was cool :cool:. It was around the same time i nearly ruined myself by learning BASIC. it made everything else so confusing at first.

usstriton

Reaction score
12 years old for me. It was a custom scripted html website hosted on *Reference Removed* back in the day.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I learned HTML at 11 and at 12 I had a website on *removed*. Eventually, I deleted it and started one on my *removed*, which I moved to my own server and now to x10 Hosting. I also hosted over 20 gaming, web, email and chat servers between the ages of 13 and 15.

jhnrk

Reaction score
I made my first website being around age of 11-12. That must've been like 1997-98 or something. The website was for our Quake 1 DM clan called FuNkY cHicKen.. Hah! The whole thing still makes me laugh.
I wish I had functional floppy-disk drive, because I still got the disk where I saved everything from quake skins to website.