At what age did you first get a website?

At What age did you design / get a website

• Total voters

kirtik

Reaction score
My first *removed* was when I was 14. My first proper one was when I was 15. Also, I didn't realise so many people were so young on this website :eek:

Edit Reason: Advertising Hosting company

Last edited by a moderator:

kkenny

Reaction score
My first *removed* was when I was 14. My first proper one was when I was 15. Also, I didn't realise so many people were so young on this website :eek:

You'd be surprised by the average age of this site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wizet

Reaction score
12-13 I just learned it when I was in 6th because my school has a library that actually looks like one.

Nathan H

Reaction score
Well i first made mine ages ago using notepad on another hosting site.

Btw, I have removed 6 breaches of the TOS from this thread, please remember we do not allow references to alternative hosting companies on this site.

Last edited:

Kerish

Reaction score
I made a site in notepad with another host when I was 11. For my age, the website was actually pretty good. It was just about anime, though. Now, I have a better subject for the site (Pokemon :p) so I'm looking to create another site here.

wazza6

Reaction score
I made my first website at 8 years old on piczo (actually my most beautiful cuz it was made with a WYSIWYG) and my first with notepad was at 11 (with X10hosting... 2 years ago.)
Edit:
I made my first website at 8 years old on piczo (actually my most beautiful cuz it was made with a WYSIWYG) and my first with notepad was at 11 (with X10hosting... 2 years ago.)
Oh and sorry I advertised another hosting company... please change the hosting company (starts with a p) and replace it by "a WYSIWYG"

Last edited:

xPlozion

Reaction score
I made a site in notepad with another host when I was 11. For my age, the website was actually pretty good. It was just about anime, though. Now, I have a better subject for the site (Pokemon :p) so I'm looking to create another site here.
*please don't bump old topics*

i made my first one when i was 14. freshmen year in hs.

Mitch

Reaction score
I think the first site that i made was when i was 14. It doesn't like that good as my site now.

I think we should keep this thread open, because a lot of people posted there today and this thread isn't very old.

Last edited:

jorrel

Reaction score
I made my first when I am 19...It's just a pure HTML based site for my HTML class.

theBruney

Reaction score
I started designing in 2005. Did free work from then up to 2007. Started advertising my services in 2008 and got my first 'paid for' project in that same year. Now, I only do free jobs for family and close friends.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I honestly can not remember when I started messing with my first site. But when I gave it a thought I realized, I must of have been under 25, I did my first computer related course somewhere after I had turned 18, and I know I started messing with it at that course (I was done with the "gymnasium" (I'm not sure what the equivalent would be in US or UK or any other place, I was 18 the year I got out though)

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
First site I made was when I was 17 it wasn't with x10 hosting, I made a site for my local baseball team...they got a paid designer now, so I guess that site of mine would useless right about now.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
First website was on Freewebs at age 12 if I remember right.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
first site was at 14, I didn't get anything looking good. When I got everything to line up in Firefox, it was all jumbled up in IE. I'd fix it to look good in IE and then go to Opera: same thing, lol.
I finally just quit that site and settled down to learn some .css and .php

My second site turned out a lot better.:lol: