back up files from website

jeyes5698

Reaction score
the title says: back up files from website

in normal case, i actually know how to backup the files from webserver, go to cpanel, or an ftp account..

but what if the account is suspended or worse, permanently suspended,
is it still possible to backup the files from server? how?

what I've read is there is no way to backup the files if the account is deleted or cancelled.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
If an account is suspended the account owner will not be allowed access to the account or files so backups would be impossible under those circumstances.

Always a good idea to have recent backups stored on your own PC.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Addition to this. If the reason is inactivity or high resource usage (non permanent suspensions) the owner can in most cases unsuspend the account through account panel and after that access the files as normal, as long as the account hasn't already been removed from the system.

Permanent suspensions does not allow for any kind of access for any reason.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Addition to this. If the reason is inactivity or high resource usage (non permanent suspensions) the owner can in most cases unsuspend the account through account panel and after that access the files as normal, as long as the account hasn't already been removed from the system.

Permanent suspensions does not allow for any kind of access for any reason.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What kind of soft you can advice me for making back ups?

Do it before they catch you!

But seriously

If your scripting skills were enough (or likely ) to get you into trouble with a host then you should be smart enough to figure a way of exporting information automatically from the site on a periodic basis to another location. Any recently gathered or entered information may not be bang up to date but it's better than nothing.

loreon

Reaction score
If you use a joomla template for your site, you can backup your site through that and then download the zip'd backup file from control panel:D

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Or just don't break the ToS. Then you won't be suspended.

~Callum