Backup Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryptofire

Reaction score
Well.. And what if i don't want my backup, but I want to get my account working?

Me too! I can re-upload my files as long as my account is working.

My ticket with the File & Account Restore Issues Department is still open though. I know there are a lot of tickets opened so I don't want to open another one if I'm not sure if its the right thing to do.

MarKooL

Reaction score
I found your ticket, unfortunately I do not have access to solve your problem. The problem in your case is that the domain you want is already in the system, a left over from your previous account. I moved the ticket to sign-up issues, hopefully it'll get faster attention by an admin/server tech there.

Thanks for your help LadyAnna!
Can I ask that this "left over" information from my account to be absolutely removed in the support ticket?
What do I have to ask exactly?

Thanks again!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the information in the ticket is enough. Adding more to it now, only moves it to the bottom of the list

moinkhan

Reaction score
Me too! I can re-upload my files as long as my account is working.

My ticket with the File & Account Restore Issues Department is still open though. I know there are a lot of tickets opened so I don't want to open another one if I'm not sure if its the right thing to do.

I am on the same boat. Can't login to account panel since 6/18/09 (used to be on starka). Opened a ticket on 6/21/09 (was closed in a sweep, re-opened), and changing the priority from medium to critical gradually, but no response what so ever. I gave up on my files long time back. I will be fine just to get my access to my account. If I have to create a brand new account, that too will work. It's just that some one needs to offer me an option, any, really!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I have updated my first post in this thread.

moinkhan

Reaction score
We are currently working on a way to mass purge the accounts that were left behind so you can sign back up with the same data. Thanks to the hard work of Bryon and David this should be done in the next day or two.

Thanks for the update, Corey. Good luck, Bryon and David.

frankfriend

Reaction score
Is it possible to restore the Backup / Backup Wizard options within CPanel, so that users can more` easily make backups & store them on their own machines by downloading them? I would be particularly useful for databases [of forums, blogs, galleries etc] as it is not always obvious which files / folders to backup under file manager.

mserver

Reaction score
Hello,
I have created new account on this hosting (m-o-d-s) and started backing up my site, but i got one little trouble from cPanel: "Error from park wrapper: v2.m-o-d-s.net is owned by another user."
How could i get transfered my domain name to the new account? Exactly admins could delete this account becausi it is worthless. Thanks

stunna

Reaction score
Well I suppose I could have my filed uploaded again as long as my account is back, which its not. Will the MySQL databases still be there?

jmcgowan

Reaction score
stunna - it sounds more like your old hosting account will be deleted completely, and you will be able to create a new account to replace it. That way you can still use the same site name and re-upload all your files. In other words, those of us that were affected by this backup issue will be starting over from scratch.

(By all means, if I'm wrong, someone please correct me...)

stunna

Reaction score
From what I read, it seems they will restore the actual accounts but the filed wont be there.

gomarc

Reaction score
Is it possible to restore the Backup / Backup Wizard options within CPanel, so that users can more easily make backups & store them on their own machines by downloading them? ...

If you were moved to the new lotus server, I’ve noticed that only the shortcuts to the Backup / Backup Wizard were removed from cPanel. In other words, they are still there, you just need to know how to get to them.

So here they are:

*Edited*

I just tested them, and they are working just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

jmcgowan

Reaction score
We are currently working on a way to mass purge the accounts that were left behind so you can sign back up with the same data. Thanks to the hard work of Bryon and David this should be done in the next day or two.

Out of curiousity, how will we know when all the disconnected accounts have been purged. I would like to start setting up my account again, but I'm not sure if the original has been purged yet and my support ticket is still open, which implies that it has not been purged yet. I don't want to just attempt it and find out that I've somehow managed to create two accounts and get myself banned or something.

MarKooL

Reaction score
Out of curiousity, how will we know when all the disconnected accounts have been purged. I would like to start setting up my account again, but I'm not sure if the original has been purged yet and my support ticket is still open, which implies that it has not been purged yet. I don't want to just attempt it and find out that I've somehow managed to create two accounts and get myself banned or something.

You can follow this steps:
1. Try to login to your account.
-->Solved? Nice.
If not,
2. Try to create a new account with a different subdomain.
For example, if your first subdomain was: 12345.x10hosting.com , try to sign up with 1234.pcriot.com
Just change the subdomain, but keep all the sign up data as it was before (I mean username, forum username, passwords, etc.)

This should avoid the problem and allow you to register again.
In my case, this worked prefectly.

Cheers.

stunna

Reaction score
I dont think you have to do that. If you have patience your account will be restored but your files wont be there.

MarKooL

Reaction score
I dont think you have to do that. If you have patience your account will be restored but your files wont be there.

Actually, I waited almost one entire month patiently...
:D
I was aware of my opened ticket everyday... But nothing happened.

I was thinking in changing the hosting service, but before that...I tried what i explained above, and now I'm with a whole new account, without my files, but... indeed, that's exactly what I wanted.

Cheers.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score

If you read Coreys update to the first post of this thread you'll see that re-signing up is exactly what you need to do. All accounts that are left "in limbo" will be purged to allow users to sign up with the same account information again.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We're still working on purging the domains... we ran into an issue with cPanel not liking what we were doing... it set us back 2 days while their support fixed it for us. We have continued the purge project :p

Status
Not open for further replies.