Backup Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

moinkhan

Reaction score
Actually, I waited almost one entire month patiently...
:D
I was aware of my opened ticket everyday... But nothing happened.

I was thinking in changing the hosting service, but before that...I tried what i explained above, and now I'm with a whole new account, without my files, but... indeed, that's exactly what I wanted.

Cheers.

Thanks, MarKool. After getting no response on my ticket for two weeks (and my account being inactive for nearly 3 weeks), I just signed up for a new account with a temp domain and then was able to switch it to my primary domain. I seem okay for now, but I suspect there may an issue, when purge of the "limbo" accounts are done.

kryptofire

Reaction score
You can follow this steps:
1. Try to login to your account.
-->Solved? Nice.
If not,
2. Try to create a new account with a different subdomain.
For example, if your first subdomain was: 12345.x10hosting.com , try to sign up with 1234.pcriot.com
Just change the subdomain, but keep all the sign up data as it was before (I mean username, forum username, passwords, etc.)

This should avoid the problem and allow you to register again.
In my case, this worked prefectly.

Cheers.

Worked for me to! At first when I tried to signup again, there was an error. So I looked at the forums, found your post exactly where I a have an issue at! Thanks MarKooL! :lupie:

I'm on x10 again! Yey! :lupie:

The server you arrive at is random right? I thought my server would be Stoli coz that was the server that Straka was moved but now my server is Lotus. :biggrin:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, MarKool. After getting no response on my ticket for two weeks (and my account being inactive for nearly 3 weeks), I just signed up for a new account with a temp domain and then was able to switch it to my primary domain. I seem okay for now, but I suspect there may an issue, when purge of the "limbo" accounts are done.

If you were able to switch it to the domain you used to have, your old account was probably already purged and should not be affected by the rest of the purging.

The server you arrive at is random right? I thought my server would be Stoli coz that was the server that Straka was moved but now my server is Lotus.

Yes the server is random.

Last edited:

jmcgowan

Reaction score
If you read Coreys update to the first post of this thread you'll see that re-signing up is exactly what you need to do. All accounts that are left "in limbo" will be purged to allow users to sign up with the same account information again.

Thank you LadyAnna and MarKool for the help. I am now re-signed up and recreating what little I had before. If only my internet connection wasn't as slow as molasses, I'd be up and running...

btw, you wouldn't be able to do something about that too, would you? ;)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you LadyAnna and MarKool for the help. I am now re-signed up and recreating what little I had before. If only my internet connection wasn't as slow as molasses, I'd be up and running...

I'm afraid that is far beyond my capabilities :)

MarKooL

Reaction score

I had the same issue too... Sometimes is just that you have to do something by yourself. I tried to sign up many times as Corey said, but I din't get any result. I changed my e-mail, my username, everything... Didn't know I had to change the domain and voilà! Haha... Glad to help!

Worked for me to! At first when I tried to signup again, there was an error. So I looked at the forums, found your post exactly where I a have an issue at! Thanks MarKooL!
I'm on x10 again! Yey!

The server you arrive at is random right? I thought my server would be Stoli coz that was the server that Straka was moved but now my server is Lotus. :biggrin:

No problem kryptofire ;) And I think it's random, but if you're registering in this moment, you have many probabilities to be on Lotus server. I think everybody would be on that server, but not sure.

The most important thing was to have the account working again. BTW... If you're trying to get your own backup working, you could try zipping your things and restoring them by FTP to your account, but from another computer that has better connection.. After you got that done, you just have to unzip them from the cPanel... and the SQL Restoration isn't that problematic. Luck and glad to help!

And... In my case, I'm still having and opened ticket... I got an issue with a subdomain that I cannot add because it was in my past account. =S

Cheers.

Last edited:

stunna

Reaction score
Ok, I got a new account, virtualairj.x10hosting.com But when I try to set up my domain, www.virtualairj.com , with my new account, it says the domain is in use with another account. Ladyanna could you help me out?

MarKooL

Reaction score
Ok, I got a new account, virtualairj.x10hosting.com But when I try to set up my domain, www.virtualairj.com , with my new account, it says the domain is in use with another account. Ladyanna could you help me out?
That is a leftover from your past account. You should open a ticket to get those entries removed.

Cheers

darkchao

Reaction score
So, there is no hope for the files? We have to start from scratch if we didn't back it up?

kryptofire

Reaction score
So, there is no hope for the files? We have to start from scratch if we didn't back it up?

I guess that's the way it is...

I think the best way way is to always have a backup on your box regardless of either your on free hosting or paid hosting. You can never tell if an unwanted circumstance occurs.

Fortunately for me, I just have a little pages to edit from my backup to the one I have hosted. I've experience that during my thesis days.. ALWAYS have a 2nd back! 3rd, 4th 5th is even better!

moinkhan

Reaction score

Well looks like I got excited little too soon. When the nameserver change (I'd it parked somewhere else for the time being) took effect, the dreaded error message "400 - invalid hostname" reappeared. Any suggestions?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Final testing has been completed on our DNS purging project. We have just started it off deleting inactive or lost domains. It's currently deleting about 1 every 12 seconds which gives us an estimate of 2-3 days to be fully completed. This will solve the issue with sign-ups where it says a domain is already in use when it is not.

MarKooL

Reaction score
Final testing has been completed on our DNS purging project. We have just started it off deleting inactive or lost domains. It's currently deleting about 1 every 12 seconds which gives us an estimate of 2-3 days to be fully completed. This will solve the issue with sign-ups where it says a domain is already in use when it is not.
Thanks for the update Corey! =P

xnoddyx1

Reaction score

1 every 12 seconds which gives us an estimate of 2-3 days to be fully completed. :eek4::eek4::eek4: that is a :nuts: number thats 5 evry min or 300 an hour or 7200 a day or 21600 for 3 days lol the Backup dident ues all the mem it went totall :nuts:

i just have 1 ? how do you cope with all that day in day out Corey? theres no way i can :eek4: lol iel fin my :rant2:now lol

thomasross

Reaction score
Hi

Im getting as far as the captcha in the sign up process, and it wont accept the code (or give me a new one). Just thought i should raise the issue, i'd like to get my website back up and running asap...

Thomas

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Refreshing the page with the captcha should load a new one that works... we're currently re-designing the site and this will be fixed. I'll try to take a minute and fix the current one.

-Corey

thomasross

Reaction score
Refreshing the page with the captcha should load a new one that works... we're currently re-designing the site and this will be fixed. I'll try to take a minute and fix the current one.

-Corey

hi

the captcha worked today, but after entering my e-mail validation code in the account panel, I got:

An error occurred while processing your hosting account request. The error that occurred was fatal to the request and unable to be resolved automatically. The error details provided are the following:

The error that occurred was a system-related error.

The error code provided is: ERRT62035

Because of this error, you must sign up for an account again. If you've received this message more than once, please create a support ticket and you will be assisted.

This is the second time I have had this. I would submit a support ticket, but this seems to be the best way of making contact/getting answers. Any help much appreciated.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Please create a support ticket for your issue. This thread is not for support problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.