Best Quote

kyledude92107

Reaction score
"Baseball players are smarter than football players. How many times have you seen a baseball team be penalized for having too many men on the field?"

Don't remember who said that, but I found it very funny.

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
"If you can dream it, you can do it." ~ Walt Disney
One of the best!

~Have a great day!

~<!Coldfirezz!>~

javajenius

Reaction score
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." -- Albert Einstein

^This is a good one

like2program

Reaction score
And the users exclaimed with a laugh and a taunt: "It's just what we asked for but not what we want."

-Anon
Edit:
I remembered another one.

"With great power comes great responsibility."
I'm not sure where that came from.

SPIDERMAN

oh and:
"SPIDER PIG
SPIDER PIG
Does whatever a SPIDER PIG does
Can he swing
From a web?
No he can’t
He’s a pig.
LOOK OUT!
He is a SPIDER PIG!!"

Last edited:

catz154

Reaction score
My favourite quote was by Winston Churchill. In the house of commons, Lady Astor turns to him and says, "Sir, if you were my husband, I would put poison in your coffee". Right off the cuff he replies, "Madam, if you were my wife...I would drink it". BURN. And as Robin Williams would say "For those of you not in the know, the House of Commons is like Congress with a two-drink minimum - crazy place. Not only do you yell at the oppossition, but they yell back!" (He then gave an example, but it is too rude to type here. But you can find his standup stuff in 10 parts on Youtube).

LOL I just heard about that on the radio , I like this one too.

Sohail

Reaction score
"If you don't succeed at first, cheat!" - Edison Carter, created the first and best cheat device for many of the GTA games, you can visit his site at - http://maxbot.com/

Godhelm

Reaction score
From A7X's

Seize the Day:

"Seize the day or die regretting all the time you lost"

Almost Easy:

"How long did I expect love to outweigh ignorance?"

Unholy Confessions:

"Nothing tears the being more than deception" and
"I wish I could be the one,the one who won't care at all.But being the one on the stand,I know the way to go, no one's guiding me.When time soaked with blood turns its back,I know it's hard to fall. Confided in me was your heart. I know it's hurting you, but it's killing me."

From Hilera

Define:
"Define, define, define..." (predictable huh?)

Rhyme Without Reason <-that's it..

I have a lot more, and most of them are from songs.. all are good materials for poetry, or dreaming of a nice ending or a clincher for movies..

Last edited:

neverlate2day

Reaction score
Genius is one percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration

Meaning

A saying that extols the benefits of hard work and effort.

Origin

Genius is one percent inspiration and 99 percent perspirationThis is probably the most famous line uttered by the inventor Thomas Alva Edison. If further explanation of the meaning is required he provided it by completing the quotation thus:

"I never did anything worth doing by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by accident. They came by work."

hamsn

Reaction score
"I love thee, I love but thee
With a love that shall not die
Till the sun grows cold
And the stars grow old."

- Willam Shakespeare

what about this?

DS Gamers

Reaction score
A couple of my favourites are:
"To err is human, but to make the same mistake twice is inexcusable." (read it in a book)

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes." - Ensei Tankado (fictional character from Digital Fortress) [roughly translated as "Who will guard the guards"]

and

"Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad" - Peter Kay

Conmiro

Reaction score
"Show me a sane man, and I will cure him for you" C.G. Jung

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That one just sounds funny. How do you cure a sane man if hes aready sane???

like2program

Reaction score
[SIZE=-1]It has been shown in laboratory studies that the average chimpanzee can, with Visual Basic, create a new program which exploits some security hole in Microsoft Outlook within 10-15 minutes of random clicking on pictures. Your results may vary, depending on whether you have learned to use your opposable thumbs. (Visual Basic)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Assembler programmer's song

Every bit is sacred, Every bit is right.
If a bit is wasted, I can't sleep at night.
Every bit is gorgeous, Every bit is free.
Admire the shape it forges, In hex and BCD!​
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Historically, languages designed for other people to use have been bad: Cobol, PL/I, Pascal, Ada, C++. The good languages have been those that were designed for their own creators: C, Perl, Smalltalk, Lisp. (Paul Graham)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]He who hasn't hacked assembly language as a youth has no heart. He who does as an adult has no brain. (John Moore)[/SIZE]

I just love programming quotes

kjprice

Reaction score
"I object to all this sex on the television...I mean, I keep falling off!"~Monty Python's Graham Chapman (dressed in drag, FYI)

TarouSensei

Reaction score
"I object to all this sex on the television...I mean, I keep falling off!"~Monty Python's Graham Chapman (dressed in drag, FYI)

"Good Evening..."

My CS teacher gave me this one, not sure where he got it:
"*writes on the board*
Define recursion:
see recursion
...Just stare at that until you understand. If it takes more than a minute, you don't belong in this class."

kkenny

Reaction score
"Dont preach about growing up when your acting like your shoe size and not your real age"

vickeej

Reaction score
"Nothing is given to man on earth - struggle is built into the nature of life, and conflict is possible - the hero is the man who lets no obstacle prevent him from pursuing the values he has chosen."

struni

Reaction score
A good discussion should be like a mini skirt.
Short enough to create interest,
and Logn enough to cover the subject..