Blocked on X10Chat

tgp1994

Reaction score
Hi there, it looks like I've been blocked from X10's IRC Chat. It's true, I do have Tor, but only for privacy online, just as it's been made for. But it seems like the IRC network gets really jumpy when anyone who has a Tor client joins. I have disabled it for IRC, could I please be white listed?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you want help with account related things, just post in the free hosting section.

Tor is not allowed on the IRC due to it is a spamming tool (nearly every spammer uses it)

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
This is not a free hosting issue, so should not be in Free Hosting. And if you really see the need to connect through Tor to a small scale IRC network that obscures your host anyway, there are more important issues to be addressed...

And it's probably nothing personal: I believe all known Tor gateways are blacklisted.

tgp1994

Reaction score
Well, I even disable Tor and it still blocks me. Idk what to do :(

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
What is the reason you are blocked for if Tor is disabled?

tgp1994

Reaction score
That's what I'd like to ask these networks. Maybe it happened when I had tor running in server mode, but one of the networks reported seeing me last in April. I had no Tor back then.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
When you try to connect to IRC and are banned, it'll provide a reason why you are.

tgp1994

Reaction score
I don't know. My firewall is generally off (I know, bad idea) and I'm always behnd my router at home. What do you mean?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't know. My firewall is generally off (I know, bad idea) and I'm always behnd my router at home. What do you mean?

Well ok then. If you're behind the router at home, it should at least be doing NAT which will close ports as they're not needed. Considering you're only trying to join an IRC server and not host anything, I'm wondering if the router is just messing up some place or what not. If you need to, you can use the Java IRC page that I use since I don't hav an IRC client on my PC. But I would certainly try it with the firewall on.

Last edited:

tgp1994

Reaction score
Ya, I've always been using the Java IRC that X10 has provided. Since checking the ban that I received, (which was issued on April), I wonder if it was some sort of mishap that the organization has never let go to?

tgp1994

Reaction score
Ok, now I was actually banned on the X10 IRC chat specifically. Your "junior" admin, Russ, banned me on some sort of impulse. No idea why. And he says I was "banned again," well I was technically banned from the entire IRC network last time, and it wasn't even my fault. Could someone please unban me?

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
You were banned in the past, I re-added it. I am going to look into it. And, also. I am the IRC administrator. I make final decisions on who is banned.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
i'll remove it. I dont believe that was the only reason you've been banned in the past, but I will take it off. If you do break any rules it'll be re-added and set as perm.

kkenny

Reaction score
Ok, now I was actually banned on the X10 IRC chat specifically. Your "junior" admin, Russ, banned me on some sort of impulse. No idea why. And he says I was "banned again," well I was technically banned from the entire IRC network last time, and it wasn't even my fault. Could someone please unban me?

You do not talk to staff like that. Especially senior staff, and definitely do not talk to a junior admin like that. Russ(and big C) has the final verdict on all issues regarding the x10IRC, and your rude behavior is not helping this situation.