BNC Hosting - 100 Credits For an Everlasting Account!

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fahad

Hello all! You may remember me from the last miserable attempt I had at BNC Hosting! The server went down, unreachable by SSH, IRC, BNC, HTTP, FTP, absolutely anything! What's more, the host disappeared into thin air, and their website, email, and all other ways of reaching them had went down with the server. About the only thing it could do was respond to a ping!

Anyway, now I've found a new host, and I've got psyBNC set up again. It keeps you on IRC, even when your computer is off!

How it Works
Rather than connecting to x10IRC, connect to the psyBNC (once you have bought an account for 100c). Use /addserver to indicate x10's server, and you have an always there proxy, that doesn't disconnect!

FalseHope may have his BNC 50 credits, as he paid me 100 before and I refunded 50!

F

Fahad

It allows you to keep logs, and take messages while you are not online.
It also looks good, having something like vigge_sWe|BNC for a nick

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
ok is it a one time thing?
and can I run scripts when I'm offline? because then the Trivia can be online for ever

F

Fahad

You pay 100credits one time, and no renewal fees or anything.
To run scripts is not psyBNC, but a specialized bot software. There is a popular one called EggDrop (tcl script), and I make my own one called FahadBot (php). I could translate your trivia script into php for 250credits, plus 100credits onetime fee for hosting.

F

Fahad

OK tcmstr134!
Will you be taking a bot or a BNC, or both? 100 Credits for one, or 150 for both (I gave vigge_sWe the same offer)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
How do we know this host won't vanish also?

F

Fahad

Because I've chosen a well established one that has been operating for several years.

tcmstr134

Reaction score
ok.

i have sent you 150 credits... i guess we continue this disscussion in PM

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry please explain then I will send 200 credits.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Sorry please explain then I will send 200 credits.

Bigjoe4 said:
wot does the bot do?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psybnc

psyBNC is an IRC network bouncer or BNC. psy is short for psychoid, the original creator of psyBNC. BNC is short for bouncer, a method of "bouncing" through a server to cloak your hostname.
psyBNC became popular due to the nature of the way it worked. Unlike other BNC software available at the time, psyBNC stayed connected to your IRC network, even when your IRC client was not connected to the BNC. Most IRC bouncers today have this feature.
psyBNC comes with an array of features that appeal to the users, such as multiple users in one BNC; ability to change your vhost on the fly; scripting support (basic); logging; multi server support; and recently IPv6 support.

F

Fahad

tcmstr134: I am PMing you the details
Montana Mouse: I am PMing you the details
Derek: A psyBNC keeps you permanently on IRC, even when you close your client or turn your computer off. When you connect to the BNC, it passes the connection to you. A bot contains scripts for automated responses for things said on IRC. You write these scripts in simple PHP. Also, Derek, for both it will be 150 credits.
bigjoe4: You write the scripts; see above. I could write these scripts for you, or translate them from something other than PHP, for a small fee, which depends on the size of the script.

So I guess the bot hosting is a standard feature now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.