Browser opens automatically!

help.boxplay21

Reaction score
My web browser is getting opened suddenly and unexpectedly. Even if a browser window is open, another tab is getting opened. Sometimes, it keeps on opening new tabs and it is hard to close all of them. This problem is with my default browser. My default browser was firefox first. When this problem appeared, I have uninstalled firefox. But the problem persists with the new default browser.(IE)
I am running windows 7 ultimate (genuine version)!
No virus or malware found on scan by McAfee scanner!
Please help! This is getting to my nerves!!! PLEASE!!

Last edited:

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Sometimes such problems caused by the faulty keyboards because they send unwanted key combination, when you press any key.

For example my computer went on to hibernation mode whenever I tried to play my favourate game, I reinstalled os for hunting virus and after all that labour I found that it was my keyboard.:-D

My suggestion is boot once without keyboard and check if browser opens automatically?

Last edited:

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what page is opening. Is it blank or bush shaking stuff?

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Try Spyware Terminator .I faced similar problem long ago.It was a spyware.

mattblog

Reaction score
try clearing out your cookies excetra on all of them. Make sure there are no key shortcuts to open them as you may be accedently pressing them as well as if that all fails

Try the Following
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Free version works.
Also try scanning it in safe mode.
Shut down your computer, when it starts setting up press F8 and go to safe mode and then scan.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It sure looks like some kind of malware but if it just opens a black page, I would say a pretty useless one. On the other hand, somebody is maybe playing with you. To open a default browser (with or without any page loaded) requires just one Windows API call to ShellExecute function and anybody with even basic knowledge of Windows API and programming could make a little program that randomly execute it. The real question is, is it a malware or Windows just got crazy?

bunnyxd

Reaction score
try using nod 32 and scan your pc if that wont help try using spyware doctor again scan and if that wont help then use avg or adware.
if still no help try to update your ie
or u could instal firefox again

krofunk

Reaction score
I would say that this has 2 possible causes, one you have gained something nasty in your registry (I have had this before) or someone has put a windows application on your computer that is doing this as some kind of joke.

unfortunately anti-viruses seem to fail when it comes to applications making standard calls (even if they are stupid and annoying) an example of this is something I did in my college days, a simple "do while" loop in a vb application can wind the user up no end and anti-virus will ignore it as it isn't "technically" malicious behaviour ...that coupled with me putting it in peoples start up directory made for a "virus" that was ignored by Sophos Enterprise.

I was suspended for it mind you :rolleyes:

anyway my tips for you is to go start>search>"msconfig" and turn off everything but the microsoft services and anti virus, use your computer for a while and see what happens. if the problem persists it would at the very least take a virus/joke application out of the equation :wink: