California Fires

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Wow, have you heard about it?
Only 20% containment and the rest are 0% containment, the smog is so bad, I live in LA and the fire is in OC but it blocks the sun and makes it orange.

So intensely hot...

I hate fires =(

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I hope the firefighting crews are able to tame those fires. :)
It seems like California has fires on a regular basis...

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Yea,
I dont really care about natural fires, but this one was caused by a person...

5 suspects in custody =D

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
d834smokey-bear-only-you-posters.jpg

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Thats sad. California is a dangerous place. Didn't you notice the most populated areas like Florida, New York and California and the most dangerous to live, with the exception of tornado valley because not many people live there.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Well some of this is due to the fact that many prominent environmentalists don't want to cut down brush/trees to prevent these fires to begin with (forgot the term for this, but they cut away every-other-acre to form a grid to make it easier to fight fires).

IMO they just keep shooting themselves in their own feet. If the grass is going to end up burning and causing destruction anyway, how about you cut it away and save billions of dollars in damage to property? Not to mention risking homeowners and firefighters lives

It's too bad you can't control the weather yet

Last edited:

networker

Reaction score
There must be a lot of flameable forestry in California containing deadwood etc.
If only they could find an easy way of removing the deadwood to prevent such fires.

adamlinux

Reaction score
Wow I had heard about the fires, but I didn't know that they were started by people this time. I think that If you start a wildfire, that the punishment should be that you are lit on fire, that would teach em'.:biggrin:

xPlozion

Reaction score
both of them suck, the fires in cali and the "hurricane" in australia. i see on the news every night about the cali fires just north of la. it'll be a disaster if la was hit with this, instead of just the hills.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
yea well its getting contained... i think there are 3 different fires? or is there more?

XGI Admin

Reaction score
i saw it this morning very devistating i would be so pi**ed if my house got burned >.<

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
yea, but it was so hot... so much ash on the ground. splashes of ash when you take a step... its like walking on the moon

kkenny

Reaction score
3 fires. pretty bad smog down in la. nothing up in the bay though.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Really? it should have cleared already, but still hurts to see the air so bad... we already have enough pollution plus we are in a drought and so much water is being used

azntechguy

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about you guys suffering over there.

---

I suppose it might be easier for me to say this since I live in a place which hasn't experienced serious natural disasters lately (though technically, I hear that our city is not immune from catastrophic flooding; if it does happen, the situation would be worse than the the NOE and St. Bernard Parish).

Forget picking on the environmentalists that refused to let people cut off the bushes. The bigger issue is, in my opinion, that people have been building houses in areas that they shouldn't have been building to begin with.

As much as it saddens me to hear that Southern California is on fire again, some of those areas were (historically) places known to have frequent natural wildfires. You build houses on that area, then well... there you go.

Same story in New Orleans. Some of the heaviest flooded neighborhoods were swampland (below sea level) that nobody was able to inhabit when the city had its auspicious start (in fact, a good bulk of the city were still uninhabitable by the turn of the 20th century). When the water overflows the levees and follow the contour of the land... well, there you go.

I really think that it's only a matter of time before we start hearing about this kind of stuff in New York too.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
They have caught the one who started the fires now. A homeless guy. He was sentenced to 4 years in prision and he needs to pay $100 000 000 (poor homeless guy, where would he get the money from?)

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
are you serious? a homeless guy...
but i heard that the other fire was caused by an unexpected wind that blown into a bonfire and caused it to burn around the area and such

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
They have caught the one who started the fires now. A homeless guy. He was sentenced to 4 years in prision and he needs to pay $100 000 000 (poor homeless guy, where would he get the money from?)

I wonder how that guy is going to be able to pay it back, considering he doesn't have a home (shows being extremely poor?).