Call of Duty 5

Mitch

Reaction score
It is called Call of Duty 5: World at War. And it will be set in the Pacific War.
cod5_about.jpg

You’ll also be fighting as the Russians, who are invading Germany.With the Nazi forces on the back foot they will start fighting evenmore ferociously in an attempt to defend their strongholds such as inBerlin. There is also a new party system that will allow the leader toissue commands to his troops in single player.
Mutliplayer perks are also back, including some of the favoritesfrom Call of Duty 4, but there will also be new ones that better suitthe time period. The game also features new weapons for the series,such as the flamethrower, which according to OXM, can melt the skin offof your enemies and set ablaze grass and wooden buildings. You are alsoable to shoot throw materials depending on the strength of thematerial." - N4G.com

( Source: http://www.modsonline.com/News-more-2677.html?igyes=192083&igyeq=421 )

It has been confirmed.
http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/...s-in-multiplayer-every-format-apart-from-psp/
This is a article with the title: CoD5 has co-op, vehicles in multiplayer, CoD4 engine, every format apart from PSP

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty_(series)#Call_of_Duty:_World_at_War
Main article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_World_at_War

Released for: PC, PlayStation 3, Wii, and Xbox 360. (maybe PS2, i'm not sure.)

Screenshots:

( Click for larger ones )

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It really will be an interesting game, more of a BF2 style with the vehicles in Multi player though, scheduled for a release in fall 2008, it will be interesting to see how good it will be.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Good grief how much more can they milk from WWII games? Theres COD1-3, and not to mention the MOH series. COD4 was refreshing since it took place in a different time period.. if it were WWII I don't know if I could regard it as highly as I do now

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Good grief how much more can they milk from WWII games? Theres COD1-3, and not to mention the MOH series. COD4 was refreshing since it took place in a different time period.. if it were WWII I don't know if I could regard it as highly as I do now

Absolutely i 100% agree that, WW2 has been way overplayed, they need to start thinking into the future, war these days, with hi tech weaponry etc.

That would be a lot cooler.

LHVWB

Reaction score
I have to agree with Spartan Erik and Hellsheep, the WWII or WWI fps game genre has been done over and over again, I like COD4 because its actually got a newer background and etc.

Battefield 2142 looks quite good, however it looks like a more general battle ground game, than a real fps. I supose there isn't that much difference though.... ;)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
They need to make a Call of Duty game based in the future instead of going back to WWII, but the addition of the flamethrower is probably a good thing. Otherwise, this is old news for me.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
....no one word posting.

my post:

super

---------------

JK!

Seriously:

wait, CoD5 for ps2?????? if so wewt! if not booooooooooooooooooooooo!
;D

lol
I hope they makes its fors ps2s. :Ds

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's not made by Infinity Ward so I wouldn't put your hopes up for this one.

lordy

Reaction score
It's not made by Infinity Ward so I wouldn't put your hopes up for this one.

i would have to agree, any one remember Cod 3 made by treyarch i know i dont it was a flop just like Cod 5 will be..

WW II based games are now out dated.. i have Cod 1 - 4 i just tried playing Cod 1 united offencive and couldnt get back into it so yeah..

more then likely will be a Flop....

great one Treyarch.... wreck a good series yet again...

Mitch

Reaction score
....no one word posting.

my post:

super

---------------

JK!

Seriously:

wait, CoD5 for ps2?????? if so wewt! if not booooooooooooooooooooooo!
;D

lol
I hope they makes its fors ps2s. :Ds

Maybe it needs to be ps3, because it is not on that list. And at wikipedia. it is 3.
Call of Duty: World at War will be released for Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.
See, last line: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty_(series)#Call_of_Duty:_World_at_War
( I have found 2 more screenshots, they will be added to my first post soon *added them* )
View first post: http://forums.x10hosting.com/gamers-lounge/68545-call-duty-5-a.html#post390145

And ps2 too.
Main article on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_World_at_War

Last edited:

unit9311

Reaction score
I think thay should of made cod5 in the same year as cod4 but just add tanks and other vehicles in MP...

Not to sure if ill buy cod5 but i guess we going to have to wait and see.

peace
paul9311

oops silly me there will be vehicles in MP...

Last edited:

mighty_mayur

Reaction score
i dont like shooters, but i bought COD4, and ended up not liking it and never playing it...but theres just something about the game preview that makes me want to get this game!

pgames

Reaction score
I'm definitely not getting this game, since I hated COD3.

Last edited:

skai123

Reaction score
They should keep the whole game at US vs Japan, instead of bringing it back to Russian vs Germany...
Edit:
i would have to agree, any one remember Cod 3 made by treyarch i know i dont it was a flop just like Cod 5 will be..

WW II based games are now out dated.. i have Cod 1 - 4 i just tried playing Cod 1 united offencive and couldnt get back into it so yeah..

more then likely will be a Flop....

great one Treyarch.... wreck a good series yet again...

I think they are switching for every other game. which is a good idea to me atleast...

#1 this will give devs 2 years to develope the game and still have a CoD game will come out every year. One by IW and the next by Treyarch. CoD4 (IW) CoD5(T) CoD6(IW) etc...
#2 this will also break the same Mordern Warefare game after game, so it doesn't become like WWII games...

my 0.02$

Last edited:

admael

Reaction score
I hope they don't incorporate vehicles to CoD.

It never seemed like a good element to FPS. Crysis, UT3, Quake Wars, never caught on when it came to multiplayer, but I won't go as far as to say vehicles incorporation is what ruined it.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I hope they don't incorporate vehicles to CoD.

It never seemed like a good element to FPS. Crysis, UT3, Quake Wars, never caught on when it came to multiplayer, but I won't go as far as to say vehicles incorporation is what ruined it.

Vehicles are good additions in FPS in my opinion. The only time they mess up vehicles is when they have driving only segments like in James Bond games. They feel totally out of place.

In prior CODs the vehicle parts were actually good.