Can I change my domain name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theforbi

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if I could have my domain name changed to proudapepodcast.x10host.com?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Can you not open a new account to do this?
Admens can change accounts domains - having more than one account can get both (or more) accounts removed for being outside the TOS

xfsgpr76

Reaction score
OK you seem to know a lot about these services. Now tell me this:

1) how can I start a new thread on these forums? I don't see anything about starting a new thread;
2) Why is my phpmyadmin not accepting my username and password?

I am able to login to my account but I can't launch phpmyadmin and this is not good at all.

Thank you.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
1) how can I start a new thread on these forums? I don't see anything about starting a new thread
from here go to top of screen - then click on [ Free Hosting ] on that screen (near top right) click on [ Post New Thread ]

2) Why is my phpmyadmin not accepting my username and password?
There have been issues with phpMyAdmin - a Admin such as @Dead-i can fix that for you - you should open a thread about that issue with your account

xfsgpr76

Reaction score
OK thanks. Just done it and hopefully this will be sorted out in the next 24 hours.

My intention is to install Joomla 3.3.6 and abandon WP but not sure if there is the correct php version on free service.

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
You can use Softaculous from the cPanel to install Joomla. It installed 3.3.6 with no problems on xo4, so there should be no problem with PHP version.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if I could have my domain name changed to proudapepodcast.x10host.com?
Hi theforbi,

Your main domain should be changed momentarily. :)

OK thanks. Just done it and hopefully this will be sorted out in the next 24 hours.
I've also responded to your thread. ;)

Thank you,

caftpx10

Reaction score
from here go to top of screen - then click on [ Free Hosting ] on that screen (near top right) click on [ Post New Thread ]

There have been issues with phpMyAdmin - a Admin such as @Dead-i can fix that for you - you should open a thread about that issue with your account
I don't think @Dead-i is an admin, he seems more of a member of staff.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Admin
Short for administrator.
Someone who performs administrative duties on a network, server, forum, etc
I'm very aware of that however, staff members can do the same thing from the looks of it (no where on their account says that they're admin). I assume the admin has some additional privileges. When it comes to webhosting, you don't need to be admin to do server-side tasks or moderate a forum.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
This is true. We'll call Dead-I a "Dead-I" Or... possibly a Lackey.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I swear someone turned "dead-i" into an adjective a while ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.