Cannot login to PHPMyAdmin or backup database

Status
Not open for further replies.

whywork

Reaction score
Hello,

My website address is:
http://mowgaffiliate.x10.bz/

When I attempt to login to PHPMyAdmin (using the icon provided in cPanel), I get this error:

"Server Error:
The website encountered an error while retrieving https://vox.x10hosting.com:2083/cpsess8264625067/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php.
It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly."

In addition, a popular Wordpress plugin I use for backups, called "BackWPup" returns a "database corrupted" error when I try to run it from within my Wordpress back office. Could this be related to the PHPMyAdmin login issue outlined above?

I hope you can help with this please. Thanks in advance.

whywork

Reaction score
Bump for solution please... scanning other threads I see there are others who cannot access PHPMyAdmin or backup their database... thanks in advance. :)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm able to access PHPMyAdmin through your account, so it looks to me that the issue is most likely with your computer/browser. Please try using a browser such as Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. In addition, please clear your browser cache and cookies.

As for the backup, I'm not sure why it's failing. Do you have more information on the error that it gives you? Your database is fine and does not need to be repaired.

whywork

Reaction score
Thank-you for your reply. I just tried 3 different browsers - Chrome, Opera, and Firefox. Two of them give me a white screen and the other gives me the error I pasted into my first post. In short, none of the browsers are able to access PHPMyAdmin with my account credentials. How were you able to gain access then if I cannot?

whywork

Reaction score
Friendly bump... still unable to login to PHPMyAdmin. Upon submitting correct credentials I get a white/blank screen. There are several other posts here reporting the same thing. Have you found a solution for this yet? Thanks.

whywork

Reaction score
I just tried logging in to PHPMyAdmin using a variety of browsers but still get a white screen. Looking around this forum there are new posts almost every day asking for help with the exact same problem. Are we any closer to a solution please?

ace_case

Reaction score
I just tried logging in to PHPMyAdmin using a variety of browsers but still get a white screen. Looking around this forum there are new posts almost every day asking for help with the exact same problem. Are we any closer to a solution please?

Could you try logging in from a different location? Such as a friend's house or something.

whywork

Reaction score
Hi, I have logged in from multiple browsers from different locations, including my home in Canada and my VPS located in Chicago, all with the same result, a blank white screen. Here is a screencast so that you are better able to see what is happening: http://screencast.com/t/O3VXypUNjaTk
I noticed new threads are still being posted on this issue and that you are working on a fix. If you figure it out please let me know and thanks.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi whywork,

I've ran a fix on your account that should hopefully fix this. Could you please try logging into cPanel and going into phpMyAdmin again?

Thank you,

whywork

Reaction score
Hi whywork,

I've ran a fix on your account that should hopefully fix this. Could you please try logging into cPanel and going into phpMyAdmin again?

Thank you,

That did the trick, I now have access to PHPMyAdmin again and I just created a database backup using the Export function, so it looks like we are golden. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.