Cant login to my hosting account!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbtvx10b

Reaction score
Hi dose anyone know of any issues with x10hosting as of about 10 min ago wen i tried to login the page says its taking longer than usual and then just gives me an error for page not found or couldnt connect to host

i have checked http://status.x10hosting.com/ and i cant see any problems but i have tried to gain access on all my devices and none of them let me in they all give me the same problems i also tried on the guy next doors wifi just in case it was my router but same problems

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

We have taken xo2 down for maintenance while we fix an issue affecting certain services. This server will be back online as soon as possible. :)

Thank you,

jordynne

Reaction score
Thank god I just contacted x10 though their contact form. I thought everything I had was gone. I was trying to send my URL to an employer just there to see If they would employee me and just by chance I checked my site and it was down so I couldn't. Maybe next time eh?

caftpx10

Reaction score
Well, that explains why I can't access my site and login. :p

xbtvx10b

Reaction score
anyone know wen this is gonna work next ? i was working on a mobile app and web script on here and am all ready a day behind now !

this is more than the first time this has happened in a year

my website is now kind of loading and simplay shows a red page with an empty box on it like its trying to load an xml fine but cant and then it goes back to nt found again

would it be hard to temp move peoples sites to a working server before you work on another ?

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
what happened to the 99% uptime promise eh ? this is more than the second time this has happened in a year
I do not know of any guarante of uptime for a basic ( not upgraded ) x10hosting's free-hosting account
where do you see a promise of 99% uptime for a basic ( not upgraded ) x10hosting's free-hosting account ?

xbtvx10b

Reaction score
edited post my self as intern posted for me this is annoying now i really need to work or i dont get paid

talk2azs

Reaction score
Well if there really is a 99% guarantee up time for the free hosting side, then technically the up time is still within 99% of the year. Here is how I came up with it. Technically there are 365.25 days in 1 year. In order to meet a 99% uptime, the server can only be down for a total of 3.6525 days, or 87.66 hours, which I am sure that server X02 has not been down anywhere near that in the 2014 year. But I do not see anywhere on the x10hosting site where the free services guarantee anything.

Also, if you are running a website that is so mission critical, where downtime is causing you to be a day behind in work, you really should consider upgrading your account to premium and pay for provided services where uptime is guaranteed at 99.9%.

I am a free hosting user also. And when my site starts becoming mission critical, you can bet I will start paying for x10's outstanding services!

Last edited:

xbtvx10b

Reaction score
lol this is about the 4th time this year i have ad the same problem or another like no being able to access phpmyadmin

and i cant afford to pay for hosting i make small scripts for people or very small companies that dont pay a lot or dont have a lot to pay and i dont all ways get a set amount or even paid wen am done sometime i have to wait a week or to or get paid in small sums over the weeks

this all about pays for me to live where i am day todo and still do this something i enjoy doing

if i could afford it i would buy a secodn laptop and just run my own local server from that but i can and i need this one clean and fast for coding and programing

would just be nice for them to actually send out an email before had to let people know that way i could have made a back up for another host or they could migrat users to another server during updates

the fact is i got cut off during working and i asked for a time for updates but got told they couldnt give one witch is crazy if you know what your doing then you should ruffly know how long it would take and you could at least warn people

caftpx10

Reaction score
The downtime this year is probably around 4 days in total (universally, not individually).
If it is to do with a job then you might as well pay to be on a server which is more solid with uptimes (it doesn't even cost much and has all the goodies, at least that is what it said on a page somewhere. X10Premium however has a higher price but still affordable.) Saying that, the page with the low prices should be enough. I know it is still spending but that seems to be the only best option.

It shouldn't be any surprise that there are some downtimes in free hosting, after all you're not paying for the resources and the usage.

Not saying you should pay, it's your choice.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

We are continuing to work on the issues affecting xo2 and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. From what I've read in this topic, it seems that there is some confusion as to what this outage involves, and I will do my best to briefly clarify what is happening. :)

would just be nice for them to actually send out an email before had to let people know that way i could have made a back up for another host or they could migrat users to another server during updates
Yesterday we noticed xo2's web server and cPanel was operating incorrectly. Within five minutes of this happening, our management team began to diagnose the issue, and we issued a service alert to our status blog minutes later. It quickly became evident that there were some irregularities in xo2's filesystem structure, and the server was subsequently taken offline completely for emergency maintenance so that we could resolve these issues. The confusion here appears to be that this was planned maintenance, which it definitely was not. This issue came as a surprise for us just as it did for you, and there would have been no way of sending you an email as you are suggesting to alert you of this happening.

the fact is i got cut off during working and i asked for a time for updates but got told they couldnt give one witch is crazy if you know what your doing then you should ruffly know how long it would take and you could at least warn people
It was impossible for us to issue a warning of this nature prior to the issue as I have described above, and we have issued warnings of routine maintenance in the past. We always try to be as informative as we can in our service alerts, and we posted regular updates to our status blog on our progress. Considering the complexity of the issue and the fact that we have to be proactive with this kind of issue, in the sense that we cannot guarantee or estimate how long an operation will take, there is no way we could have given a time estimate in this case. :)

lol this is about the 4th time this year i have ad the same problem or another like no being able to access phpmyadmin
To my knowledge (personally), there have been no prolonged, major outages on xo2, excluding the server migrations, which we warned our users about. ;)

Just to clarify, there is no uptime guarentee on our free hosting service, though all our free hosting servers have consistently maintained an exceptional uptime upwards of 99% prior to this issue.

I greatly appreciate everyone's patience during this issue, and xo2 will be back soon. :)

Thank you,

Edit: Typo. Uptime percentage was 99%+, not 90%+.

Last edited:

xbtvx10b

Reaction score
so is there a reson why i can access my hosting again but my site still says 503 error ?

eather way i have made a full back up of my files and db

and also as you said they noticed an issue but said issue could have been there for god knows how long and didnt seem to be causing a problem everything on the cp seemed to be working so why would you need to start work right away ?

youcould mass email all registered users on c02 warning of a problem and state fixing the problem will start at a set time and that give people a chance to make backups or what ever

eather way the fact is you took the server offline yet the whole time your status page has still shown geen there was no where neer enough information handed out to the users of your host we may be free hosters bt people still make money from your hosting and every dont time affects profits

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

so is there a reson why i can access my hosting again but my site still says 503 error ?
The server itself is now back online, though our web server is not yet operational. We will post more information on our status blog once xo2 is completely functional again. :)

and also as you said they noticed an issue but said issue could have been there for god knows how long and didnt seem to be causing a problem everything on the cp seemed to be working so why would you need to start work right away ?
This is incorrect. This issue was new, and our web server and cPanel had failed as a result of this; the control panel was not available. We discovered this issue within 5 minutes of it arising and we acted immediately, as we must act on a filesystem inconsistency of this severity as soon as possible.

eather way the fact is you took the server offline yet the whole time your status page has still shown geen there was no where neer enough information handed out to the users
I'm not sure that I understand this statement, sorry. I believe we provided an adequate amount of information on our status blog, which we updated as our progress with the issue continued. Please could you clarify what you mean by this?

Thank you,

caftpx10

Reaction score
youcould mass email all registered users on c02 warning of a problem and state fixing the problem will start at a set time and that give people a chance to make backups or what ever
It was already explained, but I'll rephrase it for you.
The issue occurred unexpectedly so it is pretty much impossible to tell when the issue was going to occur, backups (not via FTP) weren't possible at the time of the issue.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
For clarification, the planned maintenance on XO1-XO4 took approximately 5 minutes. XO2 Didn't come up from the reboot because of the underlying filesystem inconsistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.