Cant send any emails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueclou

Reaction score
I am new to this service and decided to give it a go. Everything works flawlessly i can receive emails from gmail yahoo etc. but when i send emails to gmail etc they never show up ive even checked all folders and categorys. Now ive done a much troubleshooting as i can do on my account so thank you for any help and awesome service.

tropic22

Reaction score
Join the club :)
I think they are working on that one, but its a pretty widespread epidemic, and evidently not an easy fix.

blueclou

Reaction score
Join the club :)
I think they are working on that one, but its a pretty widespread epidemic, and evidently not an easy fix.
How long as it been going on??? becuase this is just gonna be a developer site and i need email working for people reporting bugs on Google Play store.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You really shouldn't rely on Free Hosting email for anything important at all. It's not just about configuration issues or traffic (the need for outgoing spam filtration and the number of accounts can cause occasional queuing problems), but that your sharing a server and a service with "the great unwashed" who need to venture no more than a throw-away email account to get a hosting account. Even with outgoing filtration, that can sometimes wind up with recipient mail filters silently discarding your mail without any actual abuse of the mail system (because people get tired of things like forum notifications and find it easier to hit the "Spam" button than to unsubscribe, and that can affect all mail sent from the server).

For that matter, Free Hosting itself (whether here or elsewhere) isn't a great choice for anything critical; the "free" comes from putting a lot of accounts onto a small number of servers and having what amounts to a volunteer support staff, so not only are you at the mercy of the thousands of people you're sharing a server with (not all of whom are well-equipped with clues, despite the fact that they're using databases and scripting languages, and not all of whom are well-intentioned), it can take a while for problems to work their way up to people who can do something about them. If you're hanging a business of of it, pay for hosting — it'll be cheaper in the long run than trying to repair any goodwill lost due to circumstances beyond your control. (And no, Free Hosting is not a "trial" of x10's Premium hosting service. The setup, staffing and support are completely different on the paid side.)

blueclou

Reaction score
You really shouldn't rely on Free Hosting email for anything important at all. It's not just about configuration issues or traffic (the need for outgoing spam filtration and the number of accounts can cause occasional queuing problems), but that your sharing a server and a service with "the great unwashed" who need to venture no more than a throw-away email account to get a hosting account. Even with outgoing filtration, that can sometimes wind up with recipient mail filters silently discarding your mail without any actual abuse of the mail system (because people get tired of things like forum notifications and find it easier to hit the "Spam" button than to unsubscribe, and that can affect all mail sent from the server).

For that matter, Free Hosting itself (whether here or elsewhere) isn't a great choice for anything critical; the "free" comes from putting a lot of accounts onto a small number of servers and having what amounts to a volunteer support staff, so not only are you at the mercy of the thousands of people you're sharing a server with (not all of whom are well-equipped with clues, despite the fact that they're using databases and scripting languages, and not all of whom are well-intentioned), it can take a while for problems to work their way up to people who can do something about them. If you're hanging a business of of it, pay for hosting — it'll be cheaper in the long run than trying to repair any goodwill lost due to circumstances beyond your control. (And no, Free Hosting is not a "trial" of x10's Premium hosting service. The setup, staffing and support are completely different on the paid side.)
I under stand that but this email will only be for that one purpose and where talking maybe 20 or 30 emails a month.

blueclou

Reaction score

I also intend to upgrade to x10 premium but wanted to test email first.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Email should now be working, though it may take a bit to run through the queue.

tropic22

Reaction score
Is there any special way that mail should be configured in CPanel so it will work ?

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
No, mail should just work as long as it's being sent from an email address on your account. In PHP, you must specify the 'from' header to be an email address that exists on your account.

tropic22

Reaction score
Ok, when i use my account email as the contact me mail, webmaster email and personal email on my site, this is what i get in return.

Not Found
The requested URL /4um.webmaster@gmail.com was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi tropic22,

At what page are you getting sent to that 404 Not Found page? :)

Additionally, I believe you need to send your emails from an Email Account that has been created from your cPanel, not your Gmail email address, as this would be spoofing the From header. ;)

Thank you,

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Still investigating some secondary issues with email...

@tropic22: I have no idea where you're getting that...

tropic22

Reaction score
Neil, i would like to say Thanks for all your efforts, but that being said.
I dont use this service as a mission critical resource. Im retired, and have lots of time to kill, and im also interested in the aquarium hobby, which has really slowed down for every such forum out there, even the ones on obviously paid hosting, with big budgets from advertisers paid subscriptions etc. Sites that have over 100,000 members may only have 10 or less actually active, so there is no way i would invest in paid hosting and a real domain name just because i enjoy playing around.
I will have to say that i have tried several other "free" hosts and there are none out there that even comes close to the quality and support provided by x10.
I have also used paid hosting and truthfully found it no better than X10 free, with the exception of a few minor glitches, that really dont matter that much anyway, and the support is sometimes not even as good as what i get here for free.
So, to you Neil, Dead-i, and all the others that give so freely of your time and efforts, a HUGE hi-5 , and thanks for all you do so i can keep myself entertained learning how many ways i can goof something up and expect you to fix it in 5 minutes LOL. Keep up the good work.

blueclou

Reaction score
No, mail should just work as long as it's being sent from an email address on your account. In PHP, you must specify the 'from' header to be an email address that exists on your account.
I still can only receive emails when i send no one gets them.

Status
Not open for further replies.