Which disc you mostly use? (not prefer)

• DVD

Votes: 40 61.5%
  • CD

Votes: 25 38.5%

• Total voters

islamis4u

Reaction score
i have changed my mind now because more data can come or more heavy game can in DVDs with less amount of money

briana23

Reaction score
I tend to use DVDs, you get more for your money.
Interesting, how data storage evolves. Soon we'll be comparing DVDs and BDRs (Blu-Ray).

Zangetsu

Reaction score
i mount my software from an external drive but i used to use DVD

theterminator

Reaction score
DVDs since I can burn way more things and make video DVDs to play on the TV. Also buying video games in DVD format is way more practical since it's only one disc.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I use DVDs because they can hold more. Although I still use a CD it I only need to burn a couple a files.

Sohail

Reaction score
It depends on what you want, you could buy a cheap CD if your using it for something small, otherwise you could buy a DVD, it's not that much more expensive, to me it's a reasonable price for the amount of space available. Plus it would work in all the DVD players if you were burning a video or something like that.

dawmail333

Reaction score
DVDs are cheaper than CDs, so the only thing CDs have left are CD players.

I use DVDs. (In plus, I've only ever seen Lightscribe on dvds!)

lachlanlindsay

Reaction score
Blue ray. NO i mostly use dvds because thats what all my friends computers can take

Last edited:

LHVWB

Reaction score
every type hae it's usage.
there is no sense to copy 200MB on a DVD. One should copy it on a CD.

But couldn't you just use a cheap 2 Gb usb key? Or even 500mb if you can still find them... ;)

I would say that CD's are almost useless to me now, all of my computers have a DVD drive and if I need to transfer relatively small files (>1GB) then my usb key does the job fine.

CD's are now outdated. They have been replaced by a better/faster/more efficient technology. The DVD! ;)

zapperpost

Reaction score
I don't use any disc much at all. There are very few exceptions, like installing software, and backing up.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I really use my external hard drive for storage and backups, but I also use DVDs for movies, which I have alot of. So....DVDs for me =)

~~B3N
It all depends on what is the size of what your storing. If it is a program, I use a CD. If it is a movie or large size backups, I use a DVD.
I use CDs more often because they cost less, but if I had the 1TB external I want to get someday, I would never buy another CD or DVD again.

Last edited:

texsin

Reaction score
I would like to ask which type of disc you mostly use not prefer, if prefer then why?

i use cd's for music, which means i use these quite frequently lol. and i use dvds for movies and backing up my data from my computer, which isn't very often due to the lack of good movies that are out now. and backing up windows is tedious and frustrtating so i say to heck with that lol. but if had to choose a cd or a dvd, i'd most likely choose a dvd due to disk space over a cd. that's just what think. take it how you like it.

xPlozion

Reaction score
aargh!!! stop reviving dead posts!!! please, you're killing me. it's like you're desperate for your post count to go up.

it depends on it's purpose. like twink said, i use cds for apps and such, but use dvds to backup movies and large apps > 700mb. i don't use either that much though. just made a few backups the other day, and burned a few progs on some cds a few weeks ago.

so, i'm not voting on this topic.

Last edited: