Chopin Expidited frustration????

Status
Not open for further replies.

pythondev

Reaction score
As I come up onto my 6th day of waiting for my email to be restored I am starting to wonder what the hell is going on. we have seen a post for an expidited copy and I have posted on there 2 days ago.. how expidited is this copy? will the copy be in 2010 or 2011??? with the other copies in 2012?

for 6 days I have been without email for my domain. as pointed out in the spanish forum not 1 of the expidited copies list has been transfered yet either!!!!

if the fools need a REAL server admin I will offer my services. google me and my domain and you'll find out a few things on how a REAL ADMIN can do things.

at the moment this is seeming more like Microsoft Windows Millennium service... lots of promises, but no action...

when is my #$%^$#%$^$%^$%^$%^$^ email going to be back on line???? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
if the fools need a REAL server admin I will offer my services. google me and my domain and you'll find out a few things on how a REAL ADMIN can do things.
Being rude won't make things go faster nor will it make you staff.

when is my #$%^$#%$^$%^$%^$%^$^ email going to be back on line?
Everything should hopefully be back before Monday.

pythondev

Reaction score
Being rude won't make things go faster nor will it make you staff.

Everything should hopefully be back before Monday.

being rude will show my EXTREME frustration!!!!

being nice obviously from experiance around here gets you nothing!!!

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
being rude will show my EXTREME frustration!!!!

being nice obviously from experiance around here gets you nothing!!!
Wrong, being rude gets you banned.
Being nice will get your problem fixed if you just have patience. :)

pythondev

Reaction score
if this was a paid service I would have been sueing them for the 100K I have lost because of this Screw up... lose a 100K contract then come back to me and tell me to be paitent!!!

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
if this was a paid service I would have been sueing them for the 100K I have lost because of this Screw up... lose a 100K contract then come back to me and tell me to be paitent!!!
x10 does infact have paid hosting.
Why don't you sign up for paid hosting, paid hosting users hardly ever experience any problems. ;)

pythondev

Reaction score
x10 does infact have paid hosting.
Why don't you sign up for paid hosting, paid hosting users hardly ever experience any problems. ;)
if I had of gotten my #$%#$%^ contract I would have, but after this stuff up... No WAY!!!!

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
We're sorry your frustrated and didn't get your contract. We are trying our best to get everything in order.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You're right. This isn't a paid service. Calling the staff fools are only going to make them angry with you on top of trying to get the free servers straightened out AND providing service to the PAID ACCOUNTS.

There are other ways of asking the staff about this.

pythondev

Reaction score
I leave this with a quote that best sums up things.

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them. - Malcolm Forbes

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, are our overworked, tired, also frustrated administrators not moving fast enough for you? Why not calm down for two seconds and take a look at what's going on.

If you ARE in fact a sysadmin:

-2000 accounts were not transfered correctly on Chopin.
-We un-canceled the old chopin server, and began to work on transfers.
-LimeStone Networks accidentally disconnected the server, and therefore we had nothing to transfer from.
-We called them, and they couldn't do anything, therefore we had to wait ~5 hours for their technician to get into the DC.
-We finally got the servers up, and began the transfer of accounts. Which, if you've ever used WHM/cPanel, is a PAIN IN THE ASS to do manually. Especially doing it with 2 people.
-We started the Staff first that were on Chopin. I am on chopin, my account is still down. Am I cussing and complaining? No.
-The accounts are still being transfered. Big accounts take longer to transfer than smaller ones. We currently have 4 simeltaneous transfers going.

How could we have improved Oh Great "REAL ADMIN"? Should we have just called in the magical fairy that transfers accounts from server to server? We tried, he was on vacation.

If you don't like it, leave.

XColl

Reaction score

I say you deserve for what you lost. I mean really? The free hosting that X10Hosting kindly provides is for everyone's own use. For what they offer, they give a lot of space and bandwidth. I've been with these guys for 5 years or so now, they are in fact very reliable when it comes to service.

Next time if you don't want to lose a "100K" contract, go paid hosting than be the idiot who lost "100K" on a free hosting account.

I'm pretty sure X10Hosting is not reliable for anything you lost under the Free Hosting terms you'd probably agreed to, so you'd lose the lawsuit anyways if you tried to sue them.

Last edited:

pythondev

Reaction score
I say you deserve for what you lost. I mean really? The free hosting that X10Hosting kindly provides is for everyone's own use. For what they offer, they give a lot of space and bandwidth. I've been with these guys for 5 years or so now, they are in fact very reliable when it comes to service.

Next time if you don't want to lose a "100K" contract, go paid hosting than be the idiot who lost "100K" on a free hosting account.

I'm pretty sure X10Hosting is not reliable for anything you lost under the Free Hosting terms you'd probably agreed to, so you'd lose the lawsuit anyways if you tried to sue them.
Next time after you get divorced and spen several hundred thousand in custody battles, only to finally get things going again! come back and I'll laugh at your stupid ass!!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Enjoy your temp ban. Next time it's permanent.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Next time after you get divorced and spen several hundred thousand in custody battles, only to finally get things going again! come back and I'll laugh at your stupid ass!!

You are responsible for your own backups, email, contacts and a backup plan if the first part fails. The quote you posted earlier applies to you, you know. There were other ways to handle this situation, and instead you choose to call the staff fools. Quite productive towards your own irresponsibility.

vmadan

Reaction score
Phew!....

I just joined your free hosting service.....a few hours back.

I came here to find out your nameservers, because your set up wizard surprisingly does not mention what your nameservers are.

This free hosting forum seems to be a disaster zone....not just this thread, but many others.

Is your service doing ok? I would love to see some evidence that it works fine and that the disaster stories seen in this forum are isolated incidents only.

Somebody in this thread said 'go for a paid plan' they get better service.

Why launch a free service if you are not interested in maintaining it properly? It wastes people's time.

Kindly provide some evidence that proves that the disaster stories on this free forum are just isolated incidents.

Will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

x32admin

Reaction score
It's one of the best free host's. Just taking a long time to transfer the accounts over.

joejv4

Reaction score
Phew!....

I just joined your free hosting service.....a few hours back.

I came here to find out your nameservers, because your set up wizard surprisingly does not mention what your nameservers are.

This free hosting forum seems to be a disaster zone....not just this thread, but many others.

Is your service doing ok? I would love to see some evidence that it works fine and that the disaster stories seen in this forum are isolated incidents only.

Somebody in this thread said 'go for a paid plan' they get better service.

Why launch a free service if you are not interested in maintaining it properly? It wastes people's time.

Kindly provide some evidence that proves that the disaster stories on this free forum are just isolated incidents.

Will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Dude, I'm just a member that uses the service and here's my take... x10 has a great free service, right now, however there is an issue that came about because, being a great hosting service, they are upgrading the servers to a more up-to-date archetecture that will make all of our sites work better (shared hosting being what it is). Everything went smoothly for several of the servers, but there was a major hickup when they were moving the merged Starka/Chopin server. Now, the staff is manually transferring over 2000 accounts to the new server and it is taking lots of time, and the staff is not getting any sleep while they are working on it.

The fact that they would upgrade their free accounts speaks volumes to me. They could simply leave all of the free accounts on old architecture and tell users - "it's free, deal with it", but instead, they want us to have a great experience on their service. This speedbump during the transfer is one of those things that falls under the "Sh1t happens" category that falls in line with Murphy's law.

In a couple days all will be good again. Patience is a virtue, my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.