Christmas is over...why is there still a Crhistmas tree?

TPI007

Reaction score
Christmas is over...why is there still a Christmas tree?

Christmas is over...why is there still a Christmas tree?
Did someone forget to open their presents?

:dunno:

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Don't ask me but me as well as several other people I know and several buildings still have their trees and lights lit.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
traditionally here in Sweden Christmas tree and stuff aren't cleaned out until january 13th (20 days after Christmas)
Although a lot of the ones I know cleans it out somewhere just after the 6th (13 days after christmas) which is a banking holiday here and part of the Christmas period.

TPI007

Reaction score
traditionally here in Sweden Christmas tree and stuff aren't cleaned out until january 13th (20 days after Christmas)
Although a lot of the ones I know cleans it out somewhere just after the 6th (13 days after christmas) which is a banking holiday here and part of the Christmas period.

very knowledgeable, thank you!

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Lawl I live in Sweden and I didn't know that lol

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
:) Maybe it is regional (or maybe it's not really used now days, can't recall hearing it since I was a kid)...
but here we say about the 13th "Tjugondedag Knut, då ska julen ut" Translates: "Twentieth day Knut, time to take Christmas out"
Knut is a name, I dunno if other countries have names day in the calendars, but here each day has a name connected to them, and some "celebrate" their name day :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It may not have been removed because at the moment there are, in my opinion, more important matters at hand. You could argue it only takes a few minutes to remove it but I'm sure the upper team have their priority set on getting the servers all back up and running fully which will then benefit us all :D.

onyxmoron

Reaction score
Don't most people leave their Christmas trees up for a while after Christmas? It's nice to have it there and getting rid of it immediately just reminds you Christmas is over. This is just pixels on a screen but it still counts. ;)

lottab

Reaction score
Don't know about in your area but there a house down the street from me that leaves their tree up all year long. It sits in their picture window and you can see it change to valentine's, shamrocks, 4th of July, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas trees but to me that's just a bit much.

TPI007

Reaction score
I just noticed that the Christmas tree has been taken down. Guess Christmas is actually over and new year has begun! Cheers to the new years and all the new games it brings!

kkenny

Reaction score
My christmas tree is gonna be up until like... Martin Luther King day because that's the only free day to take stuff down. Doesn't your christmas tree make you feel all warm and good inside?

TPI007

Reaction score
My christmas tree is gonna be up until like... Martin Luther King day because that's the only free day to take stuff down. Doesn't your christmas tree make you feel all warm and good inside?

Only if it's real and smells PINEY~! like the outdoors...

kkenny

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a real christmas tree. all piny and stuff. I just hate having to clean up the pine needles after.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey guys it looks like they removed the tree.

Kansy

Community Advocate
Community Support
Prime Account
Reaction score
In spain christmas finishes the 6th

TPI007

Reaction score

when is Martin Luther King's BDay? My bad, i forget.

onyxmoron

Reaction score
Don't know about in your area but there a house down the street from me that leaves their tree up all year long. It sits in their picture window and you can see it change to valentine's, shamrocks, 4th of July, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas trees but to me that's just a bit much.

I think thats cool. I don't have a Christmas tree but if I did I would leave it up all year.