CloudFlare HTTPS Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rontek

Reaction score
Hi, I am using CloudFlare Edge to secure my site and this was setup a few years back when X10 CPanel CloudFlare was available. My Cloudflare still works with www, but is missing the root level SSL setting.

My account is blitzcoder.x10host.com

Recently I just found out that another x10 account has managed to enter and use my root domain with a self-signed insecure certificate and url:

a12luismc.x10host.com

Please help and would like to restore my root domain cloudflare setup and settings back.

Thanks.

Last edited:

rontek

Reaction score
@Anna

Hi, can you please look into this as this is clearly a malicious activity coming from this user a12luismc.x10host.com

using my root domain with a self-signed invalid certificate.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm actually suspecting it is something to do with apache and how the new system handles https requests where the certificate is missing for any reason, rather then maliccous activity.

I'm however sending this up to higher admins as I don't have the proper access to investigate further.

rontek

Reaction score
Thanks Anna, looking forward to the update in getting this resolved.

mycoo368

Reaction score
Free accounts do not get SSL, make sure the Cloudflare setting is at Flexible and that Universal SSL is enabled.

rontek

Reaction score
Free accounts do not get SSL, make sure the Cloudflare setting is at Flexible and that Universal SSL is enabled.

Thanks. Yes, that is why I am reporting a CloudFlare issue and have already set both. Actually I have already reset my Universal SSL as the CF Team instructed earlier and now it's pending validation.

@Anna

My site root domain certificate is now pending validation from CloudFlare. We are still seeing this error and it seems to be preventing from validating.

Any updates on this?

atBRgdg.png

cjptomas80

Reaction score
Turn your cloudflare ssl settings to full not full(strict) since we can not change the ssl certificate manually on x10hosting.

Update: I didn't read the whole thread sorry. This is wrong information.

rontek

Reaction score
Hi, @Anna still waiting for any feedback on this as it's been 3 days already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.