Could you please send me a more detailed traffic or bandwidth report of my website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucdbbs

Reaction score
Hi,

I am not clear why my daily bandwidth usage is so high, ~600-1000MB. I have no audio nor any video on the website. I estimate the maximum daily visit of my blog is about ~100.
Have I been under DDOS attack?
Could you please send me a detailed source of daily bandwidth usage? I just wish to make everything all right.

Now my monthly bandwidth usage is 9724.14Mb, and is going to reach the limit soon.

Could you tell me what should I do?

Great thanks and happy thanksgiving!

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Re: Could you please send me a more detailed traffic or bandwidth report of my websit

What are you running on your site maybe it's a plugin causing high usage.

Danielx386

Reaction score
Re: Could you please send me a more detailed traffic or bandwidth report of my websit

Are people hot-linking to your images?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score

What is your URL I can possibly check that for you.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score

I am not sure.

Is there any way to know that?

Hi ucdbbs,

There is a Hotlink Prevention feature in cPanel that prevents hotlinking. You may be interested in experimenting with that and seeing if your bandwidth usage decreases.

- Adam

ucdbbs

Reaction score

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your tip.

I was just going to try it, but suddently my account got suspended again. :dunno:

The suspension reason code is now: SPND_RUSAGE3

Hi ucdbbs,

There is a Hotlink Prevention feature in cPanel that prevents hotlinking. You may be interested in experimenting with that and seeing if your bandwidth usage decreases.

- Adam

Here is my url: ucdbbs.com
Thank you in advance, Derek!

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your tip.

I was just going to try it, but suddently my account got suspended again. :dunno:

The suspension reason code is now: SPND_RUSAGE3

Hi ucdbbs,

The third high resource usage suspension can only be manually resolved by an account manager. When an account manager sees this thread, they will be able to manually unsuspend you and possibly help you find the source of the high resource usage.

- Adam

ucdbbs

Reaction score

That's fine.

Have a good night, Adam.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

The suspension seems to be related to a wordpress plugin that is using get_mail.php it's using a lot of CPU usage of a large amount of time. I would recommend disabling this plugin. It may also be the cause of your high bandwidth usage, but still please try using the hotlink protection in cPanel also.

I have un-suspended the account.

ucdbbs

Reaction score

I find the problem for the last suspension. It's due the limit of disk space usage.

I was trying to backup my site, and using the cpanel file manager to compress the directory, and it got blocked. It's too sad that I found the issue until I now got blocked again with the same suspension reason code: SPND_RUSAGE3
Edit:
I simply deleted most of the >100k photos.

Hope that works.
Edit:
I guess I find the reason, at least one of the them.

I used to have ~100Mb photos on my site. And from the Cpanel log, I could see there are several search engines surfing around my site everyday. So it's easy to reach hundreds of Megabytes bandwidth usage even though my real visitors are only ~100.

So I have one tip also like to share with others, is to upload your photos on other image servers, e.g. fliker, photobucket, imageshack, etc., but not use your own hosting space.

Last edited:

ucdbbs

Reaction score

The suspension seems to be related to a wordpress plugin that is using get_mail.php it's using a lot of CPU usage of a large amount of time. I would recommend disabling this plugin. It may also be the cause of your high bandwidth usage, but still please try using the hotlink protection in cPanel also.

I have un-suspended the account.

Yes, I have disabled that plugin, but my account just got suspended again when I do a backup of a directory using "cpanel->file manager->compress". I used this before, say, several weeks ago, to make a regular backup, and everything is running fine.

I guess something is changed on x10hosting, and we have much more restrictions on CPU usage. Is that right?

barny87

Reaction score

mines down too due to bandwidth, u have to check it on the cpanel cos the one on account don't work says 0 used. Its totally lame!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score

Yes, I have disabled that plugin, but my account just got suspended again when I do a backup of a directory using "cpanel->file manager->compress". I used this before, say, several weeks ago, to make a regular backup, and everything is running fine.

I guess something is changed on x10hosting, and we have much more restrictions on CPU usage. Is that right?
As far as I know there's been no changes at all in that regards. It is possible that the number of files that you do place in that compressed archive has grown larger and thus demanding more resources to process.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score

mines down too due to bandwidth, u have to check it on the cpanel cos the one on account don't work says 0 used. Its totally lame!
It is known that the one in account panel is showing the wrong number, currently that does not have the highest priority though to sort as there's a way to find the correct usage in cPanel.

ucdbbs

Reaction score

Finally I got "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded", although I have followed ladyanna's advice, and disabled most plugins within my blog sometime early yesterday.

Could you help me to unolock my account?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

Hi,

I am not clear why my daily bandwidth usage is so high, ~600-1000MB. I have no audio nor any video on the website. I estimate the maximum daily visit of my blog is about ~100.
Have I been under DDOS attack?
Could you please send me a detailed source of daily bandwidth usage? I just wish to make everything all right.

Now my monthly bandwidth usage is 9724.14Mb, and is going to reach the limit soon.

Could you tell me what should I do?

Great thanks and happy thanksgiving!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score

actually bandwidth is counted each time you download from your account and when you upload to it as well, and not only when there's a visitor on your site.

I'm sorry but this is one case I can not help you with, I have no means of allowing more bandwidth for your account.

ucdbbs

Reaction score

actually bandwidth is counted each time you download from your account and when you upload to it as well, and not only when there's a visitor on your site.

I'm sorry but this is one case I can not help you with, I have no means of allowing more bandwidth for your account.

I see, but I didn't know that a backup from lotus server also count as bandwidth.

Now I wish to know the source for the most incoming and outgoing traffic of my site, say IP or URL.
If both of them come from the real visitors, I will do a account upgrade. If they are produced by some malicious code I weren't aware of, I need to figure out where is such code.
And that's why ask for a detailed traffic or bandwidth report previously.

Thank you for all of your help and happy holiday.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

As i said, look up in your access logs in cPanel, Awstats or raw access logs, check the IP's etc, you can check them up on http://whois.sc

Status
Not open for further replies.