cuil

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you tested it? It's one of the worst search engines I know about. Like, it is totally unrelevant. I search for JAGF Just A Game Forum and get totally weird results. + it matches the images wrong, waaaaaaaaaaay wrong.

Like the image on the facebook search: http://www.cuil.com/search?q=facebook . FAIL. Wikipedia gets the facebook image

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
It's supposed to be 'revolutionary', but yes... the results currently are pretty off. Give it time, Google had a rough start as well (although I don't remember it being that rough...)

Zdroyd

Reaction score
I do not see why Cuil even trys to rival Google...

Google is the dominant search engine, and Google will become an empire that controls all intenet technology. So why stop it? There is no hope for man kind, Google will win... That is why I have joined the empire, that way they will not make ME a slave... i suggest everyones else does the same.

JOIN GOOGLE OR DIE

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
Cuil is another unique search engine trying to sprout from my area (the silicon valley) it might not be the best, but it may be the thing some people are looking for that people can't find in google.

ChristaHelmOnline

Reaction score
I've tried it a few times and I like it. I still haven't stopped using Google, but that's only because I'm just so used to it and get frustrated with other engines. Can't wait to see what happens with Cuil though - I'm sure once their kinks are all worked out it will be a fantastic search engine.

kkenny

Reaction score
What Christa said is also true. it is a new web search engine, so it definitely must have some bugs.