Database Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you are using "localhost" for the database server. This is the global setting for all of our servers, even ones that use a remote mysql server. Changing your host to "localhost" should resolve any connection issues.

ajirogo

Reaction score
Error establishing a database connection

That is what I get. How can I fix it? Please Help me...

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
As Corey instructed, find the config file and change mysql-server.x10hosting.com for localhost (where server is the server name where your account is).

velden

Reaction score
I'm getting the error messagewhen trying to access webmail. How do I change those settings?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
for web mail you can't change any settings (unless you installed your own web mail script). You'll just have to wait for the maintenance to finish in that case. I know Horde has had that issue for a bit on your server, but I believe squirrel mail is still working.

neosurfer2695

Reaction score
I can't access my site, it says
Error connecting to database.

It's only the WordPress side of things.
And yes I've changed all of the DB_Hosts.
Please help.
My site is Rotholtz.com
Thanks-

Last edited:

soundmandubs

Prime Account
Reaction score
I have been able to access my site since 7pm 29th Jan 2010 uk time. The site returns a blank page. I am able to login to the control panel and MySQLAdmin but unable to ftp or access my web disc. I am very concerned and would like to know when service will resume and if there is a timescale

genealogy1

Reaction score
Read News and Announcements 01-26-2010:
"Latest News
Over the next month we will be making some major changes to the free hosting side of things... Lotus, Stoli, Starka, and Chopin will be moving into a clustered setup like we have Boru, Cossacks, and Absolut. We will also be putting live the new version of our backend system that controls everything which includes a new account panel and easier sign-up process.

Because of all the changes there will be misc. problems most likely on Lotus, Stoli, Starka, and Chopin until everything is moved \ done. The new setup for these servers should be done in a week while we will continue to make changes to the servers for the next month. Because of all the work we're doing behind the scenes response times to free hosting support tickets will be delayed. If you need priority support I'll have to suggest you upgrade to premium hosting. Luckily we have a great group of volunteers that can handle the majority of your support requests.

You will most likely see things appearing and disappearing in your cPanel and we may have to restart the servers a few times. Overall there really shouldn't be any downtime. The changes we are putting in have been in the works for over a year and will greatly enhance the service we provide especially the new account panel. Thank you for your patience while we get everything sorted and I look forward to showing everyone the updates."
I have used both 'localhost' and ''mysql-stoli.x10hosting.com' with the following results on WordPress:

localhost: Connection refused: mywebsite.pcriot.com:80
mysql-stoli.x10hosting.com: Error establishing database connection

AND

Log File: States that something was compressed? (Don't know where this came from.) 1-24-2010

Everything was fine earlier this week. Maybe the switch over has affected things, I don't know?

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
All of these errors can be attributed to the server migration. There is nothing that can be done you just have to wait unitll the migration is finished.

soundmandubs

Prime Account
Reaction score
If all of these errors can be attributed to the server migration and there is nothing that can be done but wait unitll the migration is finished does anyone know when that will be? hours or days?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Your server should be done.

Do you have 'localhost' as database host?

Please submit a support request in "Free Hosting" with as much details as possible. Including error messages.

genealogy1

Reaction score
Update 2 (1:30a EST Feb 1):
Starka has finished mostly. A few more hiccups may occur as we fully switch over to the new hardware.
Stoli is about 75% finished.

See Status Thread

Server still saying connection refused on 'localhost': Connection refused: mywebsite.mywebsite.pcriot.com:80 AND WordPress @ mywebsite.pcriot.com:80

Was told with migration that the server name changed from 'mysql....' to 'localhost' Havent re-tried with 'mysql...', yet - but I imagine this is wrong as ~Boss stated?

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Update 2 (1:30a EST Feb 1):
Starka has finished mostly. A few more hiccups may occur as we fully switch over to the new hardware.
Stoli is about 75% finished.

See Status Thread

Server still saying connection refused on 'localhost': Connection refused: mywebsite.mywebsite.pcriot.com:80 AND WordPress @ mywebsite.pcriot.com:80

Was told with migration that the server name changed from 'mysql....' to 'localhost' Havent re-tried with 'mysql...', yet - but I imagine this is wrong as ~Boss stated?

Your server is stoli... and stoli is not done yet...
so wait for sometime.. all things will be sorted

genealogy1

Reaction score
Server status info declares stoli as 100% but ..... alas my database still wont connect.
Database error for 'localhost' (Error establishing a database connection) and 'mysql...'. (Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL)
Edit:
I changed the config file during migration. Evidently, my changes did not TAKE. Now, the localhost works!
Thanks!

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Server status info declares stoli as 100% but ..... alas my database still wont connect.
Database error for 'localhost' (Error establishing a database connection) and 'mysql...'. (Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL)
Edit:
Im guessing - is the connection: 'localhost' OR 'Localhost'?

Servers are linux so the names are case sensitive.

it should be "localhost" All lowercase letters

genealogy1

Reaction score
Cpanel was giving me an issue loading data.
Changed browsers and that helped a little, I think.
Then looked at config files that I changed during migration.
The changes to 'localhost' didnt TAKE.
Attempted to edit online , clicked save file rcd with msg: FATAL ERROR:
"[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]"

Deleted config and re-upload then rename extension.
Worked on a few items this way instead of online edits.

imashu

Reaction score
I am facing a similar problem..

My site doesn't contain any SQL database .. its a simple script :dunno:

I'm able to access by CPanel but when i attempt to see the file in my Site directory it says Database Error :nuts:

Can someone explain why is dis...

Is my database corrupted :eek4: or it'll be allright..

plz look into this matter..My site is on starka server..

It was running smoothly till yesterday night[i.e after migratn] but today it isn't :werd:..

trentc

Reaction score
Would some of these errors include the web interfaces to mySQL located in cPanel?

They either take a long time to come up, or just fail.

cvcreate

Reaction score
Make sure you are using "localhost" for the database server. This is the global setting for all of our servers, even ones that use a remote mysql server. Changing your host to "localhost" should resolve any connection issues.

I get this when I am trying to access my site in the address bar: http://cv.x10hosting.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi as a Page Load Error.

I am at cpanel home and I see no option for changing host to 'local' host. I uploaded my site with Dreamweaver, is that where I am to change my hosting settings? Is that were the config is located? If it is not, where am I able to make that change?

I have used dot TK for a url rerouting is there changes I need to make to .TK also?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.