Deleted Files by accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

indexof2

Reaction score
in the morning i was logged in by a mobile device and it was my first using x10hosting with mobile, i was trying to open a folder so i accidentally deleted the folder where all my files where located in, any help or advice on getting them back?
fast replies please

indexof2

Reaction score
Seriously? that was a lot of work..
can staff not see all my uploaded files and restore them?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No. Keep in mind that this isn't like having files on your own computer or your own drive partition; there are thousands of other users writing to disk, so the chances are pretty good that any disk space "recovered" by your deletions is already in use. There is a reason why the Terms of Service make backups your responsibility, and why it is never advisable to have only one copy of anything important anywhere. (The saying goes something like this: anything that doesn't exist in at least three physically separate places doesn't really exist at all.) Backups are maintained, but only for server-wide disaster recovery. There is no easy way to recover an individual user's files.

bradleyx

Reaction score
thats why you always keep backups of your files. i always keep a backup on my pc just incase site goes down i be able to restore them

skilltro

Reaction score
Why would you not back stuff up? When I developed my site I first wrote most of the code on my local server, then uploaded it. I constantly keep my code synced

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Closing thread, as it should have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.